Next Winter Classic Fenway?

theamazingtiny

MEDIA ADVISORY

WHAT: The National Hockey League will make a major announcement concerning a special event

WHEN: Wednesday, July 15 @ 2:00 p.m. ET

WHERE: Fenway Park

Yawkey Way

Boston, MA 02215

My guess is winterclassic. Probably Boston Montreal. What you guys think?

I bet the NHL thinks they're being sly.

Would be awesome if they went to Fenway Park to announce a Winter Classic in NYC. :lol:

I'm gonna go Boston/Philly. Can't be Montreal, they need a new moneymaking venture on "classic" jerseys. Montreal fans won't buy classic jerseys next year, they just had to buy like 5 of 'em this past year.

I bet the NHL thinks they're being sly.

Would be awesome if they went to Fenway Park to announce a Winter Classic in NYC. :lol:

I'm gonna go Boston/Philly. Can't be Montreal, they need a new moneymaking venture on "classic" jerseys. Montreal fans won't buy classic jerseys next year, they just had to buy like 5 of 'em this past year.

Didn't they already announce it is Boston vs Philly?

Officially it is Boston in Fenway Park but the other team is between Philly and Washington.

I heard somewhere (Can't remember where) that NBC nixed Washington because the NYR-WAS series got bad ratings, though the NHL wants Ovechkin in the Winter Classic.

I heard somewhere (Can't remember where) that NBC nixed Washington because the NYR-WAS series got bad ratings, though the NHL wants Ovechkin in the Winter Classic.

Apparently NBC was pushing for Philly because they liked Philly's market more. NHL wanted Washington. My guess is whichever doesn't make it plays NY next year.

You could be correct originally I heard that it was Boston vs Philly however just two days ago Washington was in the mix.

Unfortunately, I think the Rangers would be good to go against Boston. Just for that Boston/New York rivalry that exists everywhere else but Hockey.

Yeah, but I'm sure the Rangers want to be home when they have a Winter Classic. I'm sure they'd want New York to be center of attention.

Yeah, but I'm sure the Rangers want to be home when they have a Winter Classic. I'm sure they'd want New York to be center of attention.

Them and the NHL. Remember how big a deal MLB made out of the all-star game in New York last year, what with the statue of liberties painted with every team's logo and placed in various points around the city and them touting this as the all-star game to end all all-star games? If the NHL did it right, they could have a field day with New York. That's why I can't see the Rangers playing in a Winter Classic anywhere other than Yankee Stadium, since the NHL won't give the Devils or Isles a Winter Classic home game (or at least until Tavares starts to make the Isles a respectable team, at which point they could make a Rangers-Isles Classic).