Lets make clear the Messier "guarantee"

DINO COSTA

Dino's point is one I argue stilll to this day........talked about it about a week ago!

But the other one that drives me absolutely crazy about Cro-Magnum was the fact that it is recorded he scored the Rag$ cup clinching goal in '94 when Brian Noonan scored it. That "leader" took credit for a goal he never touched. Glenn Anderson even said as much to a friend of mine whose a die hard Rag$ fan.

That's no leader.

Dino's point is one I argue stilll to this day........talked about it about a week ago!

But the other one that drives me absolutely crazy about Cro-Magnum was the fact that it is recorded he scored the Rag$ cup clinching goal in '94 when Brian Noonan scored it. That "leader" took credit for a goal he never touched. Glenn Anderson even said as much to a friend of mine whose a die hard Rag$ fan.

That's no leader.

Crap I wish I knew that when I wrote my paper on why Messier wasn't a true leader.

If anyone can stomach it. DVR that game when it's played one of the countless times on MSG. Then watch that final goal. The angle from behind the goal shows it the best, Messyface is 12" at least away from the puck swatting when Noonan knocks it in.

What a skell.

As for Messier, it was 15 years ago - whatever he said the day before all I know is that the day of the game there were headlines everywhere, so whether indeed he said it like that or not he had to deal with it.

What we saw was a HOF player do something amazing. Your team or not, you have to respect and give credit for that.

Like several of you I imagine, back in the day I was a huge Knicks fan, seeing Jordan do his thing over-and-over frustrated me to no end, but I also knew that I was watching something special.

Like several of you I imagine, back in the day I was a huge Knicks fan, seeing Jordan do his thing over-and-over frustrated me to no end, but I also knew that I was watching something special.

Knick fan :puke:

You might as well be a Ranger fan too. ;)