smart fans at the rock this year?

maddoxmort

we all love the "rangers suck" chant!! you think this year we can start a new trend as to maybe,when not playing the rangers, to change the name of the team?? it just sounded so dumb when playing carolina in the playoffs, and our home fans are chanting "rangers suck"!! please dont even play "if you know the rangers suck clap your hands" tune unless we are playing the rags. just seems like alot of the fans are ranger obsessed rather than paying attention to the game at hand. i mean doesnt "calgary sucks...sutter swallows" sound better when playing the flames than "rangers suck"?!?!?!?! if this already has its own thread feel free to move it where needed

The Rangers Suck chant will never die at the Rock. It's no like we are the only one in the sports who chants something like that during the games. look at other sports, you will see others doing the same thing we do . Rivalry is good.

In the other hand we do need some new chants, the biggest problem is how to get the word out about a new chant.

• 4 weeks later...

i think a sign of intelligence will be shown if we can refrain from booing gionta, madden or rupp when they come back to jersey. lou wasn't going to pay gio with the potential cap decreasing, madden was with us for two cups and crushed the hopes of dallas in 2000 with that clutch short-handed goal in game 4 and rupp will always be in the elite group of broten and arnott.

am I crazy?

I think the cheers will far outweigh the boos for those guys -- if anyone boos at all.

i still miss the classic Martin chant.

I miss it too. It seems to me that most of the younger fans don't even remember it.

I have a highlight DVD in which the chant comes in loud and clear at one point. I hope to someday post the clip to YouTube, but don't know how to do that. I've never done it before.