Time For Another Gameday Rant.

olp

Ok, so maybe I am a bit superstitious, but they won the last time so here goes.....

I'm already tired of hearing Pang's voice in my head and I know I'll become violently ill hearing him spew words of awe and amazement over "Jiggy" ad nauseum.

And, If I have to endure hearing Will Smith's "Gettin' Jiggy wit it" I'll lose it.

So, when do we get to hear all of the Sopranos references from the local Anaheim media? Ooh, and all of the heart warming Niedermayer brothers stories - do we get to see Mom interviewed?

Onto the game - We'll just have to wait and see if the Devils can figure out Giguere (sp - but I refuse to call him Jiggy). If they can light him up in the first game, we can see how the Ducks respond to their first bought of adversity. I just pray the team is as cocky as the fans. And I thought our fan base was young.

Just may be my observation, but it always seems as though Brodeur has a rough time when up against a goalie he's proving he's better than. Think he might try to do too much. Just hope he's better than he was in Game 7 in Ottawa - think he will be though now that he saw the forwards actually score.

And one more thing to look on the bright side about - Melanie has already shot her load with the tabloid crap, what else can she possibly spew about him before the series? On second thought, I might not want to know the answer to that.

If Tverdosky plays he better get his head together - keep it simple. Yippee, we get to hear Thorne call him Tverdorsky again. Always a favorite of mine.

I won't predict. Never have, never will. It comes down to confidence. Both teams have it right now, just have to see which team loses it first.

What can I say? Long live CBC and Hockey Night In Canada.

And I won't predict either, I think I got most of my predictions wrong anyway. Can always wish, hope and pray for a Devil win though. Can't wait for the puck to drop!

Just may be my observation, but it always seems as though Brodeur has a rough time when up against a goalie he's proving he's better than. Think he might try to do too much. Just hope he's better than he was in Game 7 in Ottawa - think he will be though now that he saw the forwards actually score.

Olp, on the other hand, this might be more of a problem for GIGUERE than Brodeur, if we use that reasoning. I imagine that Giguere is the one trying to emulate Brodeur, more than the other way around - he's looked up to Marty when he was younger since there's about 5-6 year age difference between them. I do think Brodeur faltered somewhat against Waaah because he was playing against his "idol"; I know Giguere has mentioned Waaah and Brodeur as his idols to some degree so it'll be interesting to see if he retains his composure!

I just pray the team is as cocky as the fans.

Wow, in my rant post, I spent 44 lines saying the same thing.

I pray they are too. Jesus, they're taking a perennial Cup contender with 15 guys that have already won cups. We've made the Finals three of the last four years... where have you been?

Cinderella, meet your evil stepmother :evil: