Star Wars invading Lowell Devils game 3/19

Shtikl

Oh wow! I'd be shocked spitless if the NJ Devils allowed this, sure! But I bet it would help the Trenton Devils if they did it! It's a shame it's taken 4 years for Lowell to try something this goofy, and coming so late in the season it's probably not going to help the gate receipts.

Minor league hockey is *supposed* to be corn and cheese chowder with some hockey mixed in. New NHL teams in the Sun Belt have to serve it up, too. Put on a show, and most fans will remember that they had fun, even if the home team loses. If the home team scores, sure, there's a reason to cheer, but a smart team will give the fans something to cheer every game anyway. And if the people at the game have fun, they're more likely to come back or tell their friends to come watch.

That has to be one of the reasons the L-Devils don't draw well: they're dead serious about good hockey, and they don't care about entertaining the casual fans. Wherever they are next year, I hope the AHL Devils lighten up a little.

Oh wow! I'd be shocked spitless if the NJ Devils allowed this, sure! But I bet it would help the Trenton Devils if they did it! It's a shame it's taken 4 years for Lowell to try something this goofy, and coming so late in the season it's probably not going to help the gate receipts.

Minor league hockey is *supposed* to be corn and cheese chowder with some hockey mixed in. New NHL teams in the Sun Belt have to serve it up, too. Put on a show, and most fans will remember that they had fun, even if the home team loses. If the home team scores, sure, there's a reason to cheer, but a smart team will give the fans something to cheer every game anyway. And if the people at the game have fun, they're more likely to come back or tell their friends to come watch.

That has to be one of the reasons the L-Devils don't draw well: they're dead serious about good hockey, and they don't care about entertaining the casual fans. Wherever they are next year, I hope the AHL Devils lighten up a little.

Hopefully they are closer to NJ...

Well, that WAS the Halloween-week game, with the Halloween costume contest, yes?

Perhaps you are right, I thought there was a comic-con in the area. I don't remember an Halloween costume contest, so I probably didn't attend that game(With the contest).

Edited by Rock

Perhaps you are right, I thought there was a comic-con in the area. I don't remember an Halloween costume contest, so I probably didn't attend that game(With the contest).

I only remember it because I was working in the arena that night, and remember seeing a few Star Wars themed ones. I also remember Teen Wolf winning, which was kind of awesome.

The day the NJ Devils have Darth Vader dropping the ceremonial faceoff is the day I stop paying for tickets.

We've had more embarrassing people do it :P

Anyone else remember the idiot from Seinfeld in 1995 for the banner night???

People had that moron sign their mini-banners as he was trying to run out of the building.... in the first period :blink:

Though I would pay extra to see pl^3 whip ass on some Ewoks :evil:

We've had more embarrassing people do it :P

People had that moron sign their mini-banners as he was trying to run out of the building.... in the first period :blink:

Though I would pay extra to see pl^3 whip ass on some Ewoks :evil:

I've always had Blondie pegged as a Jedi, can't see him picking on Ewoks. Could see him using the Force on someone in a Rags sweater, though.

We've had more embarrassing people do it tongue.gif

People had that moron sign their mini-banners as he was trying to run out of the building.... in the first period blink.gif

Though I would pay extra to see pl^3 whip ass on some Ewoks smilydev.gif

Who, Puddy? I remember seeing him at center ice before the start of a game back around that time, doing his thing, revving up the crowd, shouting "We're the Devils! ... The Devils!" just like he did on that one classic episode. I thought it was great!