Devils embarrass Hudson rival

Derek21

Devil domination. One team showed for tonight's latest installment of the Battle Of Hudson. Even if it wasn't exactly an A performance from Jacques Lemaire's guys, it was plenty good enough to embarrass the Rangers 6-3 at an energized Prudential Center.

Both clubs entered reeling but only one answered the bell. That would be the better team who's headed to another postseason, improving to 81 points that still trail the Penguins by five for tops in the Atlantic.Even without winning regularly the past month-plus, New Jersey's 14 points clear of the passionless opponent they beat down- responding to a team meeting following the Calgary/Edmonton debacles. Oddly enough, it was the Devils' first home game since 2/12 stretching the Olympic Break. Back home off a disappointing 1-2 road trip, they had to be better. Apparently, John Tortorella never got that message across to his club.

Devil Domination

I wouldn't exactly say "dominate", a sloppy win which would have been exploited by a better team, but very satisfying none the less.

Thank-you.

Dominate? Um I was pretty nervous the entire game until we took that 6-3 lead.

Me too. Fortunately we got some lucky deflections which turned the game around.

Dominate? Um I was pretty nervous the entire game until we took that 6-3 lead.

Well, I did say they didn't play an A game. But in terms of attack mode exposing our putrid D, the Devils dictated. They will need to be better obviously.

The benching of The Queen is always enjoyable. Every game against the hapless Rangers should be a convincing win for the Devils as these two organizations have been going in different directions for years. Just look at the suceess of New Jersey as compared to a Rangers team that since 1940 has had next to no success over that 70 year span.

Damn, seventy years of lousy play and frustration. I'm still shocked that they even have a fan base with all of the shattered dreams year after year after year after year, season after season after season after season.....