Equipment Sale is on!

thelastonealive

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted said link like a month ago, and promptly forgot about it, haha.

LOL, seriously though, I can't believe that everyone really needs to have a printed ticket to get in! I would've figured that the Devs would be happy to get as many people as possible to attend this thing. Just in case, though, I'm gonna head to the library to get my tix printed before I go. I just wish my library opened earlier than 9 am!

by the time we got down there, most of the sticks (right handed) were gone and there were absolutely no gloves left. kind of sucked but oh well. i did come back with a sweet 95 calder cup river rats shirt and a pair of shorts. also bought a nice hat for $8.

the family feud thing was really stupid. actually, last1 and i joked that it was really just awkward and uncomfortable to watch. ah well.

decent day, 'specially since it was free but it was nothing special.

there were a sh!t ton of pelley, peters, and mottau sticks though. i loved how mottau's sticks said "motts" on 'em. i loled at the couple colin white sticks i found too.

I wish I saw that Rat's shirt RD, but I was so focused on sticks I didn't have much time to look at the clothing and stuff.

I was number 14 into the sale and got everything I wanted except for a Parise (I only saw one Parise stick, in someone's hand, but it was a Warrior model I have never seen him use. Practice used I guess?)

Anyway, I ended up with the following sticks...all for my game-used collection, not to play with:

Kovalchuk Warrior Dolomite

Zubrus Easton S19

Zajac Easton S19

McAmmond Easton SE16

Shanahan Warrior AK27

Langenbrunner Warrior AK27

White Reebok Sickick

Danis Reebok

Frazee Nike Bauer 7500

I saw Clarkson, Elias, Pelley, Salvador, Niedermayer, Mottau, Corrente, Leblond, Bergfors, Pandolfo, Peters, Rolston, Zharkov, Greene, Martin, Salmela, Davison, Skoula, Fraser, and Sestito sticks as well but did not get them because I either already have those players or was simply not interested in spending the money. Also a few random sticks like Kimmo Timonen, Andreas Nodl, and Alex Goligoski were in the pile.

I got two great Lowell Devils drinking glasses and a Lowell Devils travel mug for $3 each. The VIP package included a free pre-season ticket voucher, a Devils hat, a Devils plastic drinking cup, and a Devils poster.Overall it was a great day and the VIP tickets were well worth it!

It wasn't nearly as brutal last year in terms of pushing and rough-stuff. They did a good job of letting the VIP ticket holders in incrementally to keep things more calm. I do feel bad for the non-VIPs though, because by 10:00 everything was picked clean in the stick department and all you could really get was a Pelley by then!

In years past, they would bring out more and more sticks as time went on, but I was told by a few Devils employees that everything they had was out on the floor and I would tend to believe them because I didn't see any sticks "in the back" like I have the last two years. Maybe they were lying and brought out more for the non-VIPs, but if not it was slim pickings for anyone in later than 10.

I went today mostly to be amongst Devils fans and to let my almost-2-year-old walk around a bit. It was nice that it wasn't nearly as crowded as it was last year. My wife picked up a bunch of kids' T-shirts for cheap, including a couple of A-Line T-shirts. And I got myself a 1997 Atlantic Division Champs hat for $5, an Arlette CD for $5, and a nice black Gionta T-shirt for $8. I also saw that Albany River Rats 1995 Calder Cup T-shirt, but they didn't have it in XL, my size.

It was funny watching Johnny Mac taking serious questions from the fans. It almost seemed like he was caught off guard a little bit. ... He handled it well, though.

All in all, a nice time.

Nice to see familiar faces. I had a blast, here's to the wee hours next year!

I was 8th in, but although the VIP was well run and ALOT better, the Devils staff made an error that probably led to people getting more then they would have if the Devils did it like they were supposed to. When they checked you in with your ticket and ID, instead of holding the line at the sale entrance for everyone to catch up, they just let you in. They were supposed to hold the line and then let everyone in. So the 1st 5 people in line got at least a 2 minute head start while 6-10, 11-20 and so forth were still being checked in. So each group was behind before it started. That is a big advantage.

Other then that, pretty much an echo of what Jordan said. Very few Kovy sticks. You had to be first to the huge ass pile, get lucky, wait for the sticks to be "turned over" from the bottom.

Jordan, I apologize for having to cut out of the "pit" a bit early as my wife had to sit down and eat b/c of the baby. We'll catch up at the Expo as we'll have more time.

Didn't really buy much, spent twice as much on Devils Den items. As far as sticks, i didn't need too many. Just filling certain wants:

-Elias Kronik

-Clarkson S19 (thanks, threecups)

-Danis RBK NYI colors

-Zubrus Synergy

Same thing with gloves. Just picking and choosing some guys i was missing or wanted another model of:

-Zubrus Easton

-Rolston Easton (2) (photomatched) One pair is for sale/trade if anyone is interested.

-Zharkov Easton

-Zubrus Warrior (photomatched)

-Zajac Easton

-Marshall Mission

Edited by SJP20

Had a great time with friends in the early hours of Saturday morning! I was in 6th and got one of the things I really wanted.

Parise CCM V 10.0 skates. His number is on the back and name on the bottom. Awesome!

Sticks I got:

Elias SE 16

Corrente SE 16 (Autographed on shaft! Must have been ment for NHL Auctions but never made it. Thanks Jwomp!)

Zubrus S19

Greene Bauer Vapor x60

Shanahan Warrior AK 27

Also snagged 5 game pucks for a dollar each! Great for autos

It was run much better than the past. Didn't see the glove selection that I would like even with me getting in as early as I did but no worries.

Edited by Souray44

oh and they definitely didn't bring more sticks out as the day progressed. last1 and i were hanging around the sticks for a bit because he saw a guy run to the back -- we thought maybe he was going to get more sticks, but nothing. there were maybe 20 sticks left by the time i was done browsing, and that was at about 12:30pm.

i liked that they had the random action figures for a buck. i got two tony amonte figures. had a good chuckle at the random berard fishsticks figures. i almost wanted to buy one and black out one of his eyes but i figured it would have been a little mean so i decided against it haha.

they also had really sweet 95 heaven posters but they were 20 bucks -- little too expensive for my liking. the brodeur book was on sale as well for something like 10 bucks. not bad.

oh and jwomp -- the rats shirt i got was a youth size anyway, they only had really small shirts left for the most part for the calder cup. my buddy joy (gordie) got a sick a line tshirt haha.

My son and daughter and I got in really, really late (800, 802, and 804), but he got an SE16 stick so he was happy. I got one as well, and an Albelin AK27. Bunch of shirts, windbreakers, one of those giant bags and some other stuff. I wanted useable skates but there were only 2 pairs left by the time we got in. Might have to try and get to the front of the line next year and actually get up early and all that LOL

I also got to ask Coach MacLean, "What did Kovy say when you called him up and told him how much you were looking forward to coaching him next season?" :) It drew a laugh, so it was all good. Nice to be around so many Devils fans and my kids had a great time getting autographs on their shirts and just being amid the craziness.

My son and daughter and I got in really, really late (800, 802, and 804), but he got an SE16 stick so he was happy. I got one as well, and an Albelin AK27. Bunch of shirts, windbreakers, one of those giant bags and some other stuff. I wanted useable skates but there were only 2 pairs left by the time we got in. Might have to try and get to the front of the line next year and actually get up early and all that LOL

I also got to ask Coach MacLean, "What did Kovy say when you called him up and told him how much you were looking forward to coaching him next season?" :) It drew a laugh, so it was all good. Nice to be around so many Devils fans and my kids had a great time getting autographs on their shirts and just being amid the craziness.

Wow, you got in right in front of us, myself & RD & her friend were 806-810, hah.