Queer Eye For The Nhl Guy...

westcoastdevfan

Damn, I like the Madden one I made! :lol: Okay, if you guys insist..... :lol:

Ehh, I've been better, unfortunately. I'm going back to the doc on Tuesday, they think I might need more surgery now, *sigh*. STUPID KNEE! I still can't walk or put weight on the leg, it's pretty bad now. Ugh. :saddevil:

damn, sorry to hear that girl! Wish I could make it better for ya...... I got a bit of a reprieve on mine, I guess... I tore my medial meniscus, but there is so much other damage, they want me to do a bit of PT first........... :noclue:

thanks for bringing that Avatar back, but you coulda just posted it in the thread and I woulda been happy, lol

You know what, I've had so many problems with the knee over the past bazillion years. I had been going to PT for about two years straight at one point, had countless MRI's and other tests (I've been to so many doctors, had so much blood taken, blah blah blah), it's insane. Granted, I also was really sick at the time, but still.

So now, years later, I've been to PT for a combined amount of at least five years, have had two surgeries now (one on each knee) and now probably getting a third on the right knee because it just won't hold up. Ugh!

This time around, I didn't even have all that much done - same thing, got my meniscus cleaned up (it was all torn up), and I also had a lateral release done because my kneecap is just so off and incorrectly alligned. They wanna go back in though, apparently there's more they can do. I also have a history of ACL problems, my whole knee is just a mess.

Man, I could go on and on about all the other fun knee stuff I've had done or happen to me, but I just don't have the energy to write it all out....I doubt you have the energy to read it all, anyways!

But yeah, knees are annoying, aren't they? Hope you feel better too!

Ehh, I've been better, unfortunately. I'm going back to the doc on Tuesday, they think I might need more surgery now, *sigh*. STUPID KNEE! I still can't walk or put weight on the leg, it's pretty bad now. Ugh. :saddevil:

You mean they didn't get everything after they already had to do more than they thought to begin with? :argh:

:saddevil:

BTW I like the Madden avatar too. The Selanne/Kariya one is cute to look at now and again, but it kinda gets old after a while, at least for me.

You mean they didn't get everything after they already had to do more than they thought to begin with? :argh:

:saddevil:

BTW I like the Madden avatar too. The Selanne/Kariya one is cute to look at now and again, but it kinda gets old after a while, at least for me.

Well, as of right now you know as much as I do.

However, tomorrow I'll be finding out the fate of my knee, I suppose. Heh. :argh:

Yeah, I really like the Madden avatar right now. The Kariya/Selanne one, while funny/cute, got on my nerves too after awhile. I'm glad people liked it, but you know me....I can't even stay with the same avatar for more than a day anymore anyways! :dance:

Wow, sorry to hear about your knees.  How'd it all start?  Sports injuries?  Anyways, hope it works out! :)

BTW, thanks for putting the Madden avatar back...I'm no fan of flashing avatars/sigs. :P

Well, I've pretty much always had a bad knee, but I guess the first time I actually hurt it during sports would be playing basketball about seven years ago. Then, I've pretty much been cursed - I have HORRIBLE luck. (plus knee problems run in my family, ugh).

My most recent injury is pretty much me being an idiot, though. I had originally hurt it a few weeks earlier, but I decided to mess around and play some basketball with some friends...hurt the damn knee even worse coming down after making a layup, heh.

But yeah, I could go on and on about all the times I banged up my knee, but alas, I will not bore you with that, :P .

Yeah, the avatar was getting on my nerves, too. :lol: Ehh, it was fun while it lasted.

You know what, I've had so many problems with the knee over the past bazillion years. I had been going to PT for about two years straight at one point, had countless MRI's and other tests (I've been to so many doctors, had so much blood taken, blah blah blah), it's insane. Granted, I also was really sick at the time, but still.

So now, years later, I've been to PT for a combined amount of at least five years, have had two surgeries now (one on each knee) and now probably getting a third on the right knee because it just won't hold up. Ugh!

This time around, I didn't even have all that much done - same thing, got my meniscus cleaned up (it was all torn up), and I also had a lateral release done because my kneecap is just so off and incorrectly alligned. They wanna go back in though, apparently there's more they can do. I also have a history of ACL problems, my whole knee is just a mess.

Sweetie, I feel your pain.

I was run over by a car when I was 12, injuring both knees. I've had two surgeries on the right, one on the left. I can no longer stomach any type of Nsaid (ibuprofen, Naprosyn, etc), and have done more PT than a teenaged girl should ever have to endure. (I went for PT for six straight years)

I had a lateral release done of the oblique tendon, to realign my kneecap, and the recovery from the release was so long and painful (I was on crutches for over 6 months) that I will avoid another surgery like the plague....... (though I must say, according to the Doctor, my kneecap is still aligned 15 years later, but seemingly only on Xrays. If I go out for a long, brisk walk, at the end of it, you can actually see my kneecap has slid over...... go figure) and a debridement (clean up of all that lovely scar tissue and cartilage) but have managed to adapt to the frequent "sprains" and daily pain..... til now. Now, they tell me I tore the MEDIAL meniscus, so they can't explain why I have pain on BOTH sides of my knee, and I seem to have been left with some deformity on the outside of the knee that 4 different doctors have no idea what it is....

They want me to have PRE surgery PT, because they said my ACL doesn't "look right" and that the part of the medial meniscus is already "missing a big chunk", so they want me to "streghnthen" my knee, and try to resolve "whatever that problem is on the outside"

So, don't be a dumbass like me and ignore the pain for 15 years..................... take care of whatever you can now while you're young, it gets harder to do the older you get............. Personally, I think I'll just hold out a few more years for a total Knee replacement :argh: