Espn Nhl Hockey Or Nhl 2004?

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

Here are my issues. Your teammates are braindead. They don't do anything worth anything at all ever without you switching to the player and doing it. Goalies refuse to come out of the net at all to cover up a puck. Goalies make unrealistic plays with regards to being able to drop the puck and pass it no matter what sort of save it was. Backhanders are unrealistic. The announcers make me want to kill someone. Normal hockey movements are somewhat unrealistic. If you're turning towards the boards as a guy who made it to the NHL you don't impale yourself on the stick and turn the other way, you make a tighter turn.

Here are my issues. Your teammates are braindead. They don't do anything worth anything at all ever without you switching to the player and doing it. Goalies refuse to come out of the net at all to cover up a puck. Goalies make unrealistic plays with regards to being able to drop the puck and pass it no matter what sort of save it was. Backhanders are unrealistic. The announcers make me want to kill someone. Normal hockey movements are somewhat unrealistic. If you're turning towards the boards as a guy who made it to the NHL you don't impale yourself on the stick and turn the other way, you make a tighter turn.

I don't get it. Where are the negatives?

Im pissed at the controls for XBOX

to move around you have to use the Left Thumbstick instead of the directional pad which makes it very tough.

I have NCAA 2004 college football and they use the directional pad.

The controls take a lot of getting used too, i do not reccommend this for xbox.

Also, YOu cant sort your stats into team stats, just divisional.

For the video game systems...

Hands down if you're interested in sitting down and playing the most realistic game of hockey on the market, you'd go with ESPN Hockey for the XBox. I gave the 2K series a chance on the Dreamcast, and it was pretty good, but 2K3 on the XBox really blew any EA title to the curb. The online experience is pretty awesome too. EA simply dropped the ball starting with 2002.

This is all based on pretty much sitting down with the first EA game on the Genesis and growing and maturing with hockey for about 15 or so years now. I don't think the casual fan will dig ESPN, because it's almost too real in terms of the physics and what not. But, having owned every EA title up to 2002, it's a big thing to say I'm not even going to give 2004 a chance this year...this is more than enough. Rivals only looks interesting because it was built for the XBox and it's got league play on the XSN network.