Regular season action: TB @ NJD

Weekes Head

I believe Scotty Giveaway is "iceman's" nickname for him and Scotty Turnover is my nickname for him. YOu may use both interchangeably. I thought the Devils played a pretty good game last night. Half the time the Devils end up winning that game and I thought the Lightning had a very good game themselves so even though the Devils lost I thought it was good.

-Scott

It seems that the Defense and Goaltending aren't quite as impregnable as they were at this time of the year last season. Therefore, these guys have got to start scoring more than 2 per game once in a while. Because it appears that Marty & the D can't afford to give up more than 2 and expect to win right now, and a team like Tampa CAN score more than 2 easily, even on Marty. So what happened isn't much of a surprise.

Personally, I thought Tampa played the better game all-around and deserved the win, even though I was at the game and hated to see NJ lose. A few of those penalties by NJ were just stupid and Burns needs to get their attention back on discipline.

Tampa had way too much speed and skill. They could have scored 6 or 7 on Marty, he made about 5 highlight reel saves. We had our points where we could have opened the lead to 2 or 3 goals. Madden had a breakaway, Gomez had a break, Marshall had a point blank one timer, all saved by Khabibulin. They had about 2 or 3 2 on 1's which is uncharecteristic. We def. missed Niedermayers presence. Rafalski had a great offensive game as he was creating all night. I lik ehow Martin Elias and Gomez played. Gionta had some fiestiness too.

Watch for Tampa to capture their division and the Devils to play lots of close games this year. I see a lot of 3-2 and 2-1 games. We have the intangibles to win more of these games then not, but we don't have the offensive skill or the defensive depth to be winning games by 3 or 4.

Just my 2 cents from being ice side the 1st 2 home games.

It seems that the Defense and Goaltending aren't quite as impregnable as they were at this time of the year last season. Therefore, these guys have got to start scoring more than 2 per game once in a while. Because it appears that Marty & the D can't afford to give up more than 2 and expect to win right now, and a team like Tampa CAN score more than 2 easily, even on Marty. So what happened isn't much of a surprise.

Personally, I thought Tampa played the better game all-around and deserved the win, even though I was at the game and hated to see NJ lose. A few of those penalties by NJ were just stupid and Burns needs to get their attention back on discipline.

Maybe he needs to sit some players. The precedent has already been set. ;)

I know it's late, but oh well :)

--

----------------------------------------------------------------------

#| The New Jersey Devils Unofficial Web Site Members Newsletter |#

#| http://njdevils.info |#

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Tampa Bay Lightning continue their winning streak as they defeat the Devils 3-2 in tonight

Edited by njdevils_info