For all you Langs haters

Neb00rs

Langenbrunner should have been moved in the off-season IMO. The Devils needed a leadership change and he needed a change of scenery. One of Lou's many recent errors. What happened last year with Jamie should have sparked a change.

It did, Lemaire is gone, problem solved..... nuff said.

Buffalo's game-tying goal on Wednesday night was Langenbrunner's fault. Did no one else see that? The Devils go home with two points and he never has to score his heroic shootout goal if he knew how to stickcheck a guy standing a foot away from him on the edge of the crease.

I thought it pithy to point out that despite our failures this season and all the hate for our captain, that he has actually played very well this season and has been a good leader. He also leads our team in points.

I'd like to point out that he was the one to score in the shootout last night - and he did it confidently even under pressure. And then who was the first one to skate over to Kovy after his screw-up?

Just wanted to start this thread to point out that there ARE people behind Jamie as captain and that not everyone wants to use any excuse to give Parise the C.

THIS! I am and will always be in Jamie's corner. Parise as captain? sure, one day. Not now, he's not ready for anything more than the 'A' right now. when Jamie retires, we'll see. Everyone wants to throw the captain under the bus when we're bad, and even when we're good, they're very slow to say anything complimentary. Always have to question his 'attitude.' whatever :rolleyes:.

Ultimately if we get a full healthy roster we are still probably going to trade someone like Langs because he is marketable and will make a bit of a dent on the cap. All things being equal I am thrilled with the way that the rookies played last night and want to see more. In a way this could be a blessing if we are able to find out what is trade bait and what's worth holding from Albany. Personally I loved Langs at the Olympics but he hasn't seemed like that player since the end of the Olympics...that my opinion and I have no beef with those that see it otherwise.

Based off of last night's play, when Langenbrunner comes back I hope he's on the third line with Rolston and Zubrus, bumping Clarkson down. The top two lines are playing well together, that third line worked decently - but Clarkson just isn't smart enough on the backcheck. I'd much rather see Langenbrunner on that line, out of the top six, because he just flat-out looks slow to me this year. Fourth line of Mair-Pelley-Clarkson would be annoying as hell to play against.

If he performs well and the top two lines struggle, then he can regain that spot. But I see nothing wrong with a captain on the third line. And based on his play this season, that's where he belongs.