A Side Of The Iraq War The Media Won't Show

Jimmy Leeds

it's no evil plot, but the war is tied to Bush's fate so they're going to play up every little success and ignore the setbacks. You can't trust the American media.

actually this is the only side you hear these days, especially from the right wingers trying to gloss the situation over. The real news never gets out because as soon as something happens there is a big media blackout. Did you know 58 soldiers were wounded today in a bombing? Was it more? Who knows?

you can bury the truth in these "everything is fine, we're winning" type propaganda reports for only so long. But it's too little, too late, so I don't know what the point is in posting this. It's just like the films of happy Soviet soldiers playing soccer with Afghan children I used to see back in the 80's. I can't believe grown men are still falling for this.

I don't know what planet you live on. You are right you can't trust the American Media.........we need something State Run, like say, Pravda? Now there was a reputable news organization.

Unfortunately, all we see is story after story of how the Iraqis hate us, we are occupiers, death,destruction, etc.......yet there goes ^7^, complaining when ONE story is written showing the little good things getting done.

it's no evil plot, but the war is tied to Bush's fate so they're going to play up every little success and ignore the setbacks. You can't trust the American media.

actually this is the only side you hear these days, especially from the right wingers trying to gloss the situation over. The real news never gets out because as soon as something happens there is a big media blackout. Did you know 58 soldiers were wounded today in a bombing? Was it more? Who knows?

you can bury the truth in these "everything is fine, we're winning" type propaganda reports for only so long. But it's too little, too late, so I don't know what the point is in posting this. It's just like the films of happy Soviet soldiers playing soccer with Afghan children I used to see back in the 80's. I can't believe grown men are still falling for this.

Exactly what I was waiting for.

The same thing happened in Germany after WW2. Hate to break it to you 7, but PEOPLE DO DIE. Its like cancer you gotta kill some of the good cells to get rid of the bad. If you can find someone who can do this whole rebuild without losing and life or have no casulties, please tell me.

actually the exact same thing didn't happen after ww2. There was no active resistance in 1946, there sure as hell wasn't suicide bombers or american troops dying every day.

this war right now is about time, and patience. There are only about 130,000 soldier there, doing something they weren't trained to do, nation building. Time is not on there side, neither is manpower or cooperation from the Iraqi's. It's a mess. And when even loyal knuckle dragger Newt Gingrich starts bashing the war, you know there is a problem. How will you handle the situation when troops stop re enlisting because of battle fatigue? Draft boards have been re started, what could they be up to???

It's like, 60 soldiers get wounded, a helicopter gets shot down, and you're gloating over a marine who taught some Iraqi how to tie his shoes. Big deal, look at the big picture for once.

It's a mess. And when even loyal knuckle dragger Newt Gingrich starts bashing the war, you know there is a problem.

Newt's a better American than you my friend.

Newt has more knowledge about the situation then either of us do.

Bush isn't perfect, he's a man of conviction.

You think I'm happy about his statements about the Tiawanese? HELL NO. I am dismayed and disappointed in them. I can see the whole picture and what is right and wrong....you, however, are stuck in a strictly Anti-Bush, Anti-GOP mentality that doesn't let you see other than your narrow vision of hate.

Bush did the right thing in supporting China, if Taiwan tries any funny business, then China can react by launching a pre emptive war to protect its interests. That's the foreign policy, nobody wants to see a China/Taiwan conflict escalate.

How has Hong Kong done since the turnover to China? It would be a similiar system if Taiwan was reabsorbed. The only thing the US is worried about is that Taiwan has in their possesion some very potent US hardware (tech and military) that would not be a good thing to just hand over to Peoples Republic.

I served as finance officer in the 404th Civil Affairs Company, based at the Stryker Reserve Center in Trenton. Civil Affairs units only exist as Army Reserve units, not the regular army. The political implications of maintaining actived duty units which are designed to run countries are too great. Our unit had 2 CPAs, a deputy state attorney general, an administrative law judge, a minister, several other lawyers and policemen. We had graduate students and politicos, state employees and blacks, Hispanics and Eastern European immigrants. The typical Trenton mix.

In peacetime,Civil Affairs units did emergency preparedness planning for state and local governments. Since the first Gulf war, they have been all over the globe, as the US peacekeeping missions have turned into starting up governments in Haiti, the Balkans and the Kurdish areas of Iraq.

All these guys and women deserve our support; whatever you think of the political goals of our involvement.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.