Devils' Ilya Kovalchuk vows he'll start scoring goals

Rock

The ice has always been disappointing at The Rock, ever since it opened. Vanderbeek was touting it would be among the best ice in the NHL, and it's always fallen far short of that. Lots of bouncing and rolling pucks.

I wonder if the Nets coming in has anything to do with it.

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2010/11/devils_ilya_kovalchuk_vows_hel.html

"I know I have to score," Kovalchuk said today. "I try my hardest, but it's one of those years. The puck bounces over my stick all the time. What are you going to do?"

"I'm minus-11 right now. I definitely have to be better," Kovalchuk said.

"On the way out when I'm signing autographs they're always nice," he said. "They say they support me. They like me. All the good things. But you can understand they expect a lot from me. I'm not there yet but I'll start putting the puck in and then everyone will be happy."

Exactly Kovy! you have to score, trying your hardest wont win us games... When you start scoring again, everyone WILL be happy!

I trust that he'll get it turned around. It's tough to put all of the blame on him.

No one is blaming ALL the blame on him just the offensive part, he was brought in to score goals and boost the offense and he has NOT done this YET.