World Junior Championship Thread

devilsrule33

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This Final doesn't look too good for USA. Finland was hitting the lights out on the USA and they arn't even a fraction the size to the big, hard htting Canadians. USA are a small team and will have to pick their spots and use their speed if they are to have any chance. Parise didn't play all that well today, an ok pass on the shorthanded goal. OSuillivan should be benched for a portion of the game vs Canada for taking a dumb as penalty like that.

I didnt want to damper the Parise comments, and wasnt going to bring it up in the arguement of whether he should be in the Devils lineup sooner rather than later... but Parise was rather unimpressive past the SH assist. I know its one game, but he had problems when it got physical, and made a couple of bad passes that could of been deadly to USA.... Overall, he sounds great and looks like he has good upside... but I wouldnt feel comortable with the Parise I saw play today, playing on the Devs squad... <Meaning more time in college, Albany>

I didnt want to damper the Parise comments, and wasnt going to bring it up in the arguement of whether he should be in the Devils lineup sooner rather than later... but Parise was rather unimpressive past the SH assist. I know its one game, but he had problems when it got physical, and made a couple of bad passes that could of been deadly to USA.... Overall, he sounds great and looks like he has good upside... but I wouldnt feel comortable with the Parise I saw play today, playing on the Devs squad... <Meaning more time in college, Albany>

Maybe but I don't think you should judge him by one game. I think you can't accurately judge someone's play until you've seen them play at least 5 or 6 times.

Anyone see this interesting quote on ESPN?

Last year, the Canadians defeated the Americans, 3-2, in the semifinals. In tournament history, Canada is 21-4-3 against the USA. The Americans haven't beaten the Canadians since Dec. 31, 1998. Led by Scott Gomez and Brian Gionta, the U.S. shocked Canada, 5-2, in Winnipeg. Goalie Roberto Luongo suffered the loss for Canada.
:evil: