Cycle of Suck

CarpathianForest

ATLL, would you agree that signing Kovy was somewhat un-Lou like? Stranger things have happened. The fact that we need a PMD might change Lou's outlook on offer sheets. I think it is entirely possible to trade Tallinder or waive him. He's not really working out. We can also afford another center if Zajac doesn't seem to work with Kovy. Perhaps Grabovski or Peverley.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please explain your reasoning at how a salary cap=communism.

Dont take what I said too literally but the NHL cap is commy-like in that success by one club is distributed amongst the rest of the league through draft picks and player personnel. A championship team will likely lose many players, despite that club's interest/needs to stay cap-compliant. Its all basically so the rich dont too rich and the poor dont get too poor. To me, its such a hard cap that this is amplified even more, i.e., Chicago. Look at what we had to go thru to sign Kovy - a player we really wanted. Its a very strict system that does not reward success.

Dont take what I said too literally but the NHL cap is commy-like in that success by one club is distributed amongst the rest of the league through draft picks and player personnel. A championship team will likely lose many players, despite that club's interest/needs to stay cap-compliant. Its all basically so the rich dont too rich and the poor dont get too poor. To me, its such a hard cap that this is amplified even more, i.e., Chicago. Look at what we had to go thru to sign Kovy - a player we really wanted. Its a very strict system that does not reward success.

the devils wouldn't've even had a chance to sign kovalchuk if not for the salary cap.