DEVILS! ISLANDERS! THIS TIME IT'S PERSONAL!

sheeps

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, Pepperkorn. Stevens whined last night, just like most of the Devils who made a parade to the sin bin. I hate to see that crapola. Just sit down and SHUT UP!!

Absolutely. If he hadn't been Stevens, he would have gotten an additional 2 for Unsportsmanlike Conduct. Because he's a respected veteran, he only got warned by the refs.

The Devs played an undisciplined game last night and it caught up with them. The Islanders played very well. That's 3 games in a row they've played somewhat dumb (or I guess on Friday it was lifeless) hockey against the Isles for at least part of the game. They seem to be able to deal with other teams OK...just not the Isles at this point. If it comes down to the playoffs Burns needs to deal with it...otherwise he just needs to slap them around a little and tell them to stop whining and STOP taking dumb penalties.

You know what -- sometimes you have to have a flash of temper especially if the team is just lifeless -- and those that aren't lifeless are pooping out trying to keep it going. and I don't care if I'm wrong... it's Burns job to kick ass and take names. and then tell these guys how to accomplish what they want to without getting stupid.

I feel grumpy.. I have to go see a game live I think. like NOW! ASAP!

You know what -- sometimes you have to have a flash of temper especially if the team is just lifeless -- and those that aren't lifeless are pooping out trying to keep it going. and I don't care if I'm wrong... it's Burns job to kick ass and take names. and then tell these guys how to accomplish what they want to without getting stupid.

I feel grumpy.. I have to go see a game live I think. like NOW! ASAP!

PK, I agree with you, it is Burns' job to deal with it. I just don't think he needs to deal with the Isles specifically unless they play them in the playoffs...but he has to get a handle on the undisciplined play AND stop the whining at the refs NOW. Because a few years ago the Devs had a rep for whining whenever they got a penalty called against them and that rep has gone away. The last thing the team needs is that rep coming back.

And if you need to see a game live, then go for it!!!!

Wow... you have no patience with my whining one iota do you! :P

:uni:

No, see, I have to listen to my clients whine all the time. They pay my company large amounts of money, so I have to be patient and put up with it. But I recognize it when I read it...so you aren't getting away with it.

:evil:

I remember one Islander definitely faked the high stick. Notice how many high sticking penalties there were? Ridiculous.

It's sad to say that it's probably going to replace the dive. All you need to do is jerk your head back and you've drawn a penalty. Ridiculous. They should really crackdown on these faking goons.