Big week for the Big Four in the East

insanity_gallops

This week looks to be a big one in the scheme of rankings in the East.

For the Devils -- Ottawa on Tuesday and the Rangers on Thursday. If they can come up with wins in both games, it will really boost confidence... in both the team and the fans! ;) The Devils finish off the week with a game against the Capitals. If the Devils come out of this week with 4 to 6 points, I will be happy.

Flyers play the Penguins and Sabres back-to-back, two teams that I'm anticipating Philadelphia to win against, and then have a back-to-back home-and-home series with Toronto -- that should be a battle of a series. I'm guessing Philadelphia ends this week with 5 points in 8 games.

Toronto, aside from the home-and-home with Philly later in the week, plays the Flames on Tuesday night -- that will be a great game. I'm thinking Toronto finishes the week with 4 points in 3 games.

Ottawa has the Devils on Tuesday, the Isles on Thursday, and the Bruins on Saturday. All are tough games, and the Senators are out to prove they're still a legit cup-contender. I'd look for Ottawa to come out of this week with 5 points.

That would make the standings at week's end as follows for these "Top 4" teams:

New Jersey - 44GP, 56 points

Philadelphia - 47 GP, 60 points

Toronto - 47 GP, 61 points

Ottawa - 45GP, 58 points

...damn if that's not a heated race.

This week looks to be a big one in the scheme of rankings in the East.

For the Devils -- Ottawa on Tuesday and the Rangers on Thursday. If they can come up with wins in both games, it will really boost confidence... in both the team and the fans! ;) The Devils finish off the week with a game against the Capitals. If the Devils come out of this week with 4 to 6 points, I will be happy.

anything less than 6 points will be a dissappointment. :angry:

Hey, I think the old NJDF is back!  Can I hope for your post in the game thread?  Even though they won one without you!  :P

well i was @ ACC and I was cheering on my devils, so technically you are wrong, as always! :o:P

Hey, now!?! I only meant, without your POST, not without YOU. :angry: And exactly when was I wrong, hmmm??? :P

To be honest I think that the Devils will tie Ottawa, beat the Rangers, and then eek out a win over Washington, who always seems to give NJ fits. That would give the Devils 5 points in 3 games.

Looks like Philly got off to a bad start tonight, dropping a game to the Penguins. Guess we're not the only upper-echelon team they come out against, hm?