Philadelphia roughing - 2 min 19:11, M. Comrie

3rd Period

Philadelphia boarding - 2 min 2:10, M. Handzus

Philadelphia game misconduct - 10 min 3:38, C. Therien

Philadelphia spearing - 5 min 3:38, C. Therien served by D. Brashear

Philadelphia game misconduct - 10 min 3:38, C. Therien

Buffalo boarding - 2 min 8:14, M. Satan

Philadelphia high sticking - 2 min 9:58, M. Comrie

Philadelphia unsportsmanlike conduct - 2 min 14:27, J. Roenick served by M. Comrie

Philadelphia gross misconduct - 10 min 14:27, J. Roenick

Philadelphia unsportsmanlike conduct - 2 min 14:39, J. Roenick

Philadelphia gross misconduct - 10 min 14:39, J. Roenick

Buffalo high sticking - 2 min 17:39, C. Taylor

Buffalo high sticking - 2 min 18:00, J. Hecht served by J. Dumont

Philadelphia fighting - 5 min 18:10, S. Gagne

Buffalo high sticking - 2 min 18:10, J. Hecht

Buffalo fighting - 5 min 18:10, J. Hecht

JR throws a water bottle at the refs and gets 2 unsportsmanlike conducts and a 10 minute game misconduct, Mike Comrie gets penalty after penalty, Hecht did something really wrong at the end of the game to get a double minor for highsticking and fighting Gagne, Therien gets 2 10 minute miscconducts and a spearing penalty on Satan. All in all, the Sabres got 14 powerplays, that's awesome. Sabres win 6-2.

Isles vs. Rangers:

NY Islanders high sticking - 2 min 1:17, K. Jonsson

NY Rangers interference - 2 min 6:47, M. Barnaby

NY Islanders obstruction - holding the stick - 2 min 9:26, D. Bekar

NY Islanders holding - 2 min 13:15, J. Niinimaa

NY Islanders elbowing - 2 min 17:33, M. Peca

2nd Period

NY Rangers hooking - 2 min 3:52, V. Malakhov

NY Islanders hooking - 2 min 8:26, R. Martinek

NY Islanders tripping - 2 min 14:41, M. Czerkawski

NY Rangers tripping - 2 min 18:24, J. Ortmeyer

3rd Period

NY Rangers interference - 2 min 2:34, D. Kasparaitis

NY Rangers roughing - 2 min 10:20, D. Purinton

NY Islanders roughing - 2 min 10:20, E. Cairns

NY Rangers roughing - 2 min 10:20, D. Purinton served by C. Wiseman

NY Islanders interference with goaltender - 2 min 12:20, D. Scatchard

NY Islanders holding - 2 min 15:08, R. Martinek

NY Islanders roughing - 2 min 17:46, E. Cairns

NY Islanders roughing - 2 min 17:46, A. Asham

NY Islanders roughing - 2 min 17:46, A. Asham

NY Rangers high sticking - 2 min 17:46, E. Lindros

NY Rangers cross check - 2 min 17:46, E. Lindros

NY Rangers roughing - 2 min 17:46, M. Barnaby

NY Rangers roughing - 2 min 17:46, M. Barnaby

NY Islanders roughing - 2 min 17:46, R. DiPietro served by M. Czerkawski

NY Islanders roughing - 2 min 19:39, R. DiPietro served by M. Czerkawski

NY Rangers interference with goaltender - 2 min

With 2:54 left in the game, looks like mayhem. DiPietro gets 4 minutes for roughing, same for crap Barnaby, Lindros gets 4 min for highsticking AND crosschecking, Asham gets 4 min for roughing. That must have been awesome to watch. In the end, Rangers get 3 PPG's and win the game 4-1 and move ahead of the Isles.

Yeah. I expected the nastiness towards the end of the Rangers' laugher over the Isles. It's the best game I have ever seen them play live. I pray they play like that on Thursday night. But why do I have the same feeling I always do when they play the Devils :rolleyes: ?

As for JR's tirade... :lol:

He'll probably get a short suspension too.

As for JR's tirade... :lol:

He'll probably get a short suspension too.

Probably, but what he said is right. It's good to see someone be vocal about it. This is what the stars of the game should be bitching about, not how it's boring. What's the league gonna do, suspend all it's stars? I'm sure that'll go over real well with the owners.

JR:

``NHL, wake up!'' Roenick said. ``Blaine Angus is standing right in front of me and he says he doesn't see it. What is he looking at? The National Hockey League has to step in and tell these guys to open up their eyes.''

Roenick continued by calling the officiating ``terrible, absolutely terrible. Blaine Angus did an absolutely terrible job.''

It is about time someone spoke, but I'm sure those words will cost him.

The NHL should realize first and foremost that they are rewarding the incompetency of the officials. Barely anything happens when they make big mistakes like in the Flyers game. But as soon as someone criticizes them, they get suspended. They are promoting silence.

SILENCE = DEATH

Wanna know why the NHL is how it is now? This is one reason.

I did think it a bit humorous, though, that Roenick very very very VERY quietly mentioned that the first high stick was from his own teammate, negating its importance...

I did think it a bit humorous, though, that Roenick very very very VERY quietly mentioned that the first high stick was from his own teammate, negating its importance...

How was it important? Are you saying the ref should have penalized Kapanen for high sticking Roenick? :noclue:

I watched some of the Flyer game last night and I dont know why JR flipped. It was his own player who cut him. I understand the emotion of the moment but he lost his cool. This Flyer team is close to having one of its annual implosions. How long before Clarke makes a big trade? Problem is they are starting to get thin at the prospect level and Clarke can't get on the ice and break the opposing team's best player's ankles anymore.

Its actually good news for the Devils though. While the Devs can't find any type of offense, the Flyers are stagnating at the same time keeping the Devils within a couple of points.

We are also seeing the impact that Comrie causes: beautiful playmaking and horrible defense and penalties.

We are also seeing the impact that Comrie causes: beautiful playmaking and horrible defense and penalties.

Wow! Hitchcock must be so pleased! :rofl:

The Leafs/Flames game also ended in a bunch of fights (nothing like the Flyers) and Sutter was standing on the bench yelling "F U" about 10 times in a row to one of the officials. He got a bench minor, but I'm curious to see if he gets more of a reprimand. He wouldn't stop saying it - it was pretty funny.

Did anyone actually see the incident with JR - he makes it sound like the ref was standing right there looking right at him - where exactly was the ref, and where was the puck, in relation to JR - I'm guessing it was something behind the play and the ref was watching the puck carrier(as he should have), not JR and his overpaid ass getting hacked behind the play, but I'm just guessing.

Someone who saw this happen, please chime in.

Did anyone actually see the incident with JR - he makes it sound like the ref was standing right there looking right at him - where exactly was the ref, and where was the puck, in relation to JR - I'm guessing it was something behind the play and the ref was watching the puck carrier(as he should have), not JR and his overpaid ass getting hacked behind the play, but I'm just guessing.

Didn't see it, but isn't that why there are two refs? One to watch the puck carrier, the other to watch what's going on behind the play? :noclue:

JR is right, but if you think for 1 second Im gonna feel sorry for an organization that was credited a goal THAT WENT THROUGH THE OUTSIDE OF THE NET in a Pivotal Game 2 of a playoff series against my Sabres which turned the momentum clearly in Phillys favor in a series the Sabres were up 1 game to 0...you can forget it JR!!!! Enjoy your suspension and take a vacation and play some golf!!

NO GOAL II

I saw it, it happend in the corner of the Flyers offensive zone. They Flyers were cycling the puck and Jr was moving to the side boards. THe ref was standing along the boards by the faceoff dot. It was right in the middle of the play and the correct call.

The officiating this year is an excuse, it always has been but this year so much worse. The nhl NEEDS to do something other then protect the worthless sacks they call refs right now.

How was it important? Are you saying the ref should have penalized Kapanen for high sticking Roenick? :noclue:

No, I'm saying that's what he was implying. He was ranting about how they missed it twice, started pointing to his lip for sympathy, and briefly muttered that the first one was by Kapanen... so he's yelling to get both penalized and then mutters that one was by a teammate... the implication was there.

Didn't see it, but isn't that why there are two refs? One to watch the puck carrier, the other to watch what's going on behind the play? :noclue:

I saw both high sticks, the water bottle toss, the three complaints on ice to the refs, and the postgame conference at least two dozen times.

The second time, not the Kapanen one, he basically skated by a ref complaining about it while play was going on, totally taking himself out of position. Refs don't make calls late, JR, so if you want to take yourself out of position to be a two year old, go ahead.

I believe I will photochop a ballet dancer and JR a la Divealanche.com's Forsberg. He deserves it more than good ol' Olympic Diver over there...