Official NJDEVS.COM Trivia Contest Thread

Don

Welcome to the first NJDEVS.COM trivia contest. We've got some pretty cool prizes as mentioned in the other threads. Which really sucks. I can't win any of them. :P

I'd like to thank RoughDraft for offering to take all the prizes to the fan dinner later this month and getting the prizes signed. *applause*

Okay, as stated in the rules to qualify for 2nd and 3rd prizes you only need to get 5 points between now and when the Cup is presented. Of course, the more points you collect, the better your odds of winning.

And I probably don't need to say this but NO SEARCHING FOR ANSWERS ON THE WEB!! If a question is too tough, I'll give hints. No cheating!!!

Okay. Let's get ROLLING....

---------------

(1) Who was the first Devil to appear in an NHL All Star game? [4 points]

(2) Who is the Devils all-time leader in PIM? [1 point]

(3) What NHL team did Ken Hitchcock coach before Dallas? [1 point]

(4) Who scored the Devils first goal ever? [1 point]

Who was it against? [1 point]

(5) Who scored the first (and as far as I know, only) hat-trick by a defenceman in Devils history? [3 points]

(6) Both hands on hips is the signal for what type of penalty? [2 points]

(7) In the 1991-92 season this Black Hawk and future Devil broke the 400 PIM barrier, serving the equivelant of 7 full hockey games in just his first 63 games of the season!! [1 point]

Edited by Don Whiting

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm pretty sure about 2 and 7, I'll just flat-out guess the rest and hope I get lucky:

1. Chico Resch

2. Ken Daneyko

3. Good one I wasn't even aware Hitch had coached before Dallas. I have probably a 1 in 20 chance of getting it so I'll just say Vancouver?

4. I think the Devils' first game was against the Rangers? It could have been the first home game, though. In either case, I'll guess Don Lever.

5. Bruce Driver

6. Obstruction

7. Mike Peluso

Hmmm...I just looked up Hitch's record on the Flyers' website and apparently he did NOT coach another NHL team before the Stars, at least not as a head coach. Assistant, maybe you meant? He was an assistant for one team. So Don you'll have to change the wording of that one I think.

Edited by Hasan4978

I don't think Ken was ever a head coahc in the NHL before Dallas so can it be an assistant or in another league. Either way I don't know.

No. "Nobody" was the answer I was looking for. Between Hasan's "not aware" and your "don't think", I don't think I can give any points. So I'll change the question:

Replacement #3:

What Devil did he coach in junior? [1 point]

Bonus: What Lightning player did he coach in junior? [1 point]

Edited by Don Whiting

Ah...well I guess we'll have to keep that in mind for future questions. Seems like kind of a trick way to ask it though :P I assumed he had been an interim coach somewhere, coached for a day or whatever because I didn't think he had coached anywhere else.

Well this one I think I know: Langenbrunner and Sydor.

Once we get a question wrong.... can we guess again, or does that disqualify us for that question?

Yes. One guess per question.

DF26: #1, #5 and we're also looking for the Devil who was coached by Hitchcock in junior.

Note that #1 and #5 are very tough, so they're worth lotsa points. Things that I already knew are worth 1 point. Things I didn't are worth 2 or more. (-:

No, not Marshall. I think Marshall played his whole junior career here in Ottawa for Brian Kilrea.

Edited by Don Whiting