NHLCBANews.com

RowdyFan42

I don't know if any of you guys saw this yet, but the league has kicked it up another notch with regards to the impending Armageddon.

http://www.nhl.com/onthefly/news/2004/02/203988.html

5:39 PM EST, 02/18/2004

NHL launches CBA Web site for fans

NEW YORK - The National Hockey League today launched a new website, NHLCBANews.com, which provides fans with the latest news and information about League economics and collective bargaining.

The launch of the CBA site follows the Thursday, Feb. 12th announcement from former Securities and Exchange Commission chair Arthur Levitt, regarding the results of his independent study of the finances of the NHL. In his report, Levitt concluded that the NHL sustained operating losses of $273 million during the 2002-03 season on revenues of $1.996 billion; that 75% of the League's gross revenues are spent on player salaries and other player costs; and that the NHL's player costs as a percentage of its revenues far exceeded those in other major league professional sports. The complete report and full press conference transcript are available on NHLCBANews.com.

Other information available on the site to fans, includes:

CBA Info

• Learn more about collective bargaining with these informative documents:
  • Collective Bargaining Basics
  • Glossary of Terms

CBA by the Numbers

• League-Wide Financial Results from 2002-03
  • CBA Historical Financial Results
  • Average Cost of Player Performance
  • Player Productivity in Relation to Salary Over Time

Understanding the CBA

Everything you need to know about the NHL's Collective Bargaining Agreement with the NHL Players' Association, including history, economic reports and frequently asked questions.

Public Reaction

• Fan survey results
  • What people are saying

F the league!!!!!! It's so obvious they don't want to fix the problems. Why else would they make such a site? It's like they would rather try to make us fans understand why there won't be hockey next year instead of reaching an agreement. I hate Bettman!!!!!

F the league!!!!!! It's so obvious they don't want to fix the problems. Why else would they make such a site? It's like they would rather try to make us fans understand why there won't be hockey next year instead of reaching an agreement. I hate Bettman!!!!!

The thing is, everytime the league shows the players these numbers the players tell the league to shove it. The players, at least in the media, have basically called the owners a bunch of liars and that things don't really need to change. The owners may feel they need as much publicity as possible on the "true" numbers to sway as many people as possible, and maybe even get the word out to players who aren't really that involved with the NHLPA.

-Scott

My take: Wake me up after the summer, because well see countless stories from so called "insiders" and we find out over and over again in all sports that they just may be making up 1/2 the stuff they write..I hope the NY Post (especially that weasel Larry Brooks) reads that last comment, because I consider the Post a New York Version of the National Enquirer....just give me the final re$ult of this, this is like a big poker game, poker faces and bluffs all over the place...still way too early to tell.