Revitalization Around The Rock

The Rock 07

Nj Transit has to look into Curitiba's Bus system and see what they can learn from it and do the same NWK and Surroundings. Light Rails are great but they extremely expensive and if riders paterns changes you canot modify the route unless you dump another high some of cash. They have to make Bus transportation more efficient thus make more appealing for riders.

Nj Transit has to look into Curitiba's Bus system and see what they can learn from it and do the same NWK and Surroundings. Light Rails are great but they extremely expensive and if riders paterns changes you canot modify the route unless you dump another high some of cash. They have to make Bus transportation more efficient thus make more appealing for riders.

The issue with your suggestion is that the primary problem with buss transportation is the same that drives up cost on rail, right of way. You might notice in the little infomercial that there are very few cars on the road and that is the primary problem with buss transportation. If you use buss routes, especially in Newark you will see even as they plan Rapid buss transit, they struggle to carve out buss lanes. This issue is the same reason why NYC has such an extensive underground subway system in Manhattan, the ran out of room to run trolley's above ground and were forced under. In Newark the political pressure that existed actually tore up or paved over the trolley tracks (ones of which ran basically on the buss lines that go through most of Newark today). Light rail without right of way in many ways defeats the benefit of rail which is you are not stuck in traffic. If you think about it, getting on a bus with 50 other people only to sit in traffic with cars is the equivalent to car pooling with 50 people you don't know.

Just decided to look for some info about Dinosaur Bar-B-Que and found these.

post-729-0-99698100-1326049730_thumb.jpg

From their facebook. This is looking out to Championship Plaza. I think that will be really awesome.

Article with one of their pitmasters about another new location they are opening up.

Says:

Newark (March 2012)

224-226 Market Street

Newark, NJ

Which judging by other Newark openings means next summer.

Dino BBQ

From their facebook

DINO Facebook

The restaurant will highlight the original mosaic floors, pressed tin tile roof and exposed brick, while incorporating salvaged, eclectic accents to create an inviting and rustic environment for diners.

Another interview

Dino Interview

You're always booking bands for your customers, but do you play anything just for you in the kitchen?

No, no we have live music six nights a week and the music bleeds into the kitchen. We have punk rock, blues... we have a pretty eclectic mix.

What I really like about this place is that all the other locations have live music on Friday and Saturday nights. And some have it every night.

• 3 weeks later...

Now that they mention it, yeah, they picked a great spot to open a Marriot.. I'm excited to have a new restaurant in the area as well, though I'm sure it will still be Marriot prices.. I hope they put in some cool stores too

Just decided to look for some info about Dinosaur Bar-B-Que and found these.

post-729-0-99698100-1326049730_thumb.jpg

From their facebook. This is looking out to Championship Plaza. I think that will be really awesome.

Article with one of their pitmasters about another new location they are opening up.

Says:

Which judging by other Newark openings means next summer.

Dino BBQ

From their facebook

DINO Facebook

Another interview

Dino Interview

What I really like about this place is that all the other locations have live music on Friday and Saturday nights. And some have it every night.

I'm a regular at the Dinosaur BBQ in Harlem. There are a couple good BBQ places in the City like Fette Sau, Blue Smoke and Hill Country, but I really don't have time for any of them anymore because Dino is my absolute favorite place in the world. It's like Disney Land for carnivores. I can't believe/can't wait they're opening next door to the arena. That is beyond amazing.

Harrison is planning to build a 20 story building with about 200 apartments. It is planned to be build on bridge st edgeing passaic river

Tetando do meu HTC EVO

The development around the Stadium in Harrison needs to pick up already. SLOW as molasses. The PATH station was supposed to be redeveloped long ago, too. They need some more pubs in all those empty lots.

The development around the Stadium in Harrison needs to pick up already. SLOW as molasses. The PATH station was supposed to be redeveloped long ago, too. They need some more pubs in all those empty lots.

They are starting to do some work on the PATH station,and by work I mean there is a small-front loader moving dirty around.. And has being going on for more than 3 months hahha.

talking about the Red Bull Stadium,I passed in front today, and there are a some heavy-equipament there, today the focus looked to be drivin pole on the ground. any ideia what the are planning to build there??

They are starting to do some work on the PATH station,and by work I mean there is a small-front loader moving dirty around.. And has being going on for more than 3 months hahha.

talking about the Red Bull Stadium,I passed in front today, and there are a some heavy-equipament there, today the focus looked to be drivin pole on the ground. any ideia what the are planning to build there??

No clue what that could be. They also have a lot of banners around the station saying to 'get a front window view for whats going to happen' lol. I guess bw that and the pole in the ground, theyre trying...

I went to the MLS all star game vs ManUtd and all the poor English fans were asking where all the pubs/eateries were.

Edited by devlman

No clue what that could be. They also have a lot of banners around the station saying to 'get a front window view for whats going to happen' lol. I guess bw that and the pole in the ground, theyre trying...

I went to the MLS all star game vs ManUtd and all the poor English fans were asking where all the pubs/eateries were.

I guess the banner may refer to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGxPEvmUgDM

The construction in front of the Red Bull arena is another apartment building with retail on the first floor. It's being built by Russo Development. They are the same company doing Schuyler Crossing in Kearny. They do really nice work. They bought the land from Advance Realty. I hear they have the option to buy another block as well.

The next phase of Harrison Station is also supposed to start construction this summer. They are going to be building a hotel directly to the North of the PATH station, in the grassy area currently between the PATH station and the new Five Guys.

With what is going on around the Rock and Red Bull arena, I think this area is really going to become an entertainment destination. A much cooler version of what the Meadowlands should have been.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...