Devils Pick Up Rasmussen

sammyk

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know guys it IS possible this guy is a Craig Darby like signing.. make the Rats better and if he

makes the Devils squad all the better... nothing

too much to worry about I think... the Rats

did need WAY more help then the Devils after all!

This guy hasn't played in the minors since 99 though. I don't think he is for Albany. If put on waivers, I imagine he would still be picked up by someone. The Kings just non-tendered him because he's making 1.1 million, and that's ridiculous for a guy who isn't going to score 10 goals.

The knock on him out of buffalo was that he didn't live up to the hype, had some motivational issues (showed flashes but took too many shifts/nights off) and when it came to contract time, his ego told him he was much better than what was offerred. buffalo shipped him off to l.a., and I guess l.a. realized the same thing, he just wasn't worth the money he was demanding. Hopefully lou didn't pay too much for him. He's young, pretty big, maybe the change of scenery and a very regimented coach will turn him around. At any rate, these two signings are just gears in the machine. Don't expect much out of them and you'll be pleasantly surprised, like when pascal was brought in last year and we all said "Lou, What the F$$@?".