WWE/TNA/ROH - Wrestling Thread

Satans Hockey

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Wrestlezone:

Steve Austin just tweeted two different statements about CM Punk's groundbreaking promo on Monday Night Raw in which Punk delivered one of the most riveting shoot promos in years, talking about everyone from Paul Heyman seeing something in him no one else did, to Talent Exec John Laurinaitis (calling him a douchebag), Stephanie McMahon, and Vince's "doofus son-in-law" HHH.

On his Twitter, Austin wrote, "@CMPunk just melted my 52 inch TV with a scorching hot promo...delivery, content, and attitude...one of the best promos I've ever seen."

Austin also noticed Punk wore a "Stone Cold" t-shirt on Raw tonight. Ladies and germs-I have no idea why @CMPunk wore my shirt tonite...but it looked damn good on him...thanks @AverageJoeArt for the design.

I think its fake...they knew when to bleep

There is a tape delay.

everytime i consider myself a smart wrestling fan, i am a huge Mark when i see this stuff

i love the colt cabana name drop lol

that was great. the same thing happened when i saw that joey styles shoot where he left the broadcast but ended up doing behind the scenes work for wwe's online division

Edited by grcenter47

• 2 weeks later...

i am glad cm punk is getting recognized. I remembered when he battled Raven in ROH in its early days

I remember seeing this guy in Garfield NJ (along with Homocide and Jay Lethal, with Lethal's mama in the back of the place "cheering on her baby!"), amazing to see how far he's come since making bad GI Joe jokes about his Cobra tattoo....

This whole "I'm on vacation" storyline is awesome.....and he even got the last word on HHH....when does THAT happen?

• 1 month later...

What happened?

Nash_powerbombs_Punk_large.jpg

..well, we'd have to start @ Summerslam.

Long story short, Kevin Nash came out to screw CM Punk out of the title.

RAW_951_Photo_078.jpg

The next night on RAW, Triple H (now the WWE's C.O.O.) comes out and says how he; "knew Nash would be @ the PPV, but had nothing to do with the run in" -paraphrasing.

Kevin Nash comes out and says he; "got a text on his cell to stick the winner from a friend" and asks Hunter to come clean, so that they can be on the same page. CM Punk comes out, to a great back-&-forth with Nash.. eventually leading to a secret meeting between Nash and a WWE exec.

cm-punk-08.jpg

This brings us to last Mondays RAW, where we saw Nash once again come out with HHH.. and both try to cover up to the fans. CM Punk comes out and calls bullsh!t, leading to Nash attacking Punk, and HHH throwing Nash out of the building.

Later in the show, Hunter is informed that Nash was in a car accident, in order for him to leave the building, so that Nash can make his return.

n1321686592_30202788_2566.jpg

This is all leading to a Kliq reunion of sorts, when it will be revealed that it was Shawn Michaels (and I'm just speculating the rumor-mill here) is the one who texted Nash as the RAW GM, culminating in an eventual heel turn for Hunter.

---------------------------

Really love where the WWE is going with this one.

Some may or may not remember the; "corporate establishment -vs- Austin" storyline in the 1990's. The corporate establishment being; Paterson, Brisco, & Vince.

If WWE creative plays this out right, that can have a reboot of that angle, with Punk playing Austin.. and the Kliq playing the "stooges".

Stephanie sent the text.

Shawn Michaels is too busy killing animals for sport and going to church to be involved with any wrasslin shenanigans.

I think the beginning of CM Punk as this anti-hero was brilliantly done, but bringing Nash in and hotshotting to the match with Mr. H's is lame and depressing. They brought CM Punk down a notch for no reason once he was re-signed. Let that sonofabitch get what he can get. I think they were worried about inadvertently turning Cena heel.

That said, the show itself is infinitely more entertaining. R Truth is awesome in his current role and guys like Orton and Christian just keep putting on amazing matches.

• 1 month later...

Stephanie sent the text.

Shawn Michaels is too busy killing animals for sport and going to church to be involved with any wrasslin shenanigans.

I think the beginning of CM Punk as this anti-hero was brilliantly done, but bringing Nash in and hotshotting to the match with Mr. H's is lame and depressing. They brought CM Punk down a notch for no reason once he was re-signed. Let that sonofabitch get what he can get. I think they were worried about inadvertently turning Cena heel.

That said, the show itself is infinitely more entertaining. R Truth is awesome in his current role and guys like Orton and Christian just keep putting on amazing matches.

Did they waste the CM Punk angle?

Did they waste the CM Punk angle?

Seems it, though they are SAYING they are prepping for 2012 to be the year of Punk....hopefully he gets a big match at Mania (only two people who make sense are Austin or Jericho)

• 2 weeks later...

Source: ESPN

ESPN's E:60 will be doing a special on Scott Hall this week, and have published an article about Hall. Here is the excerpt with Stephanie McMahon, discussing the money they have spent on Hall's rehab:

Stephanie McMahon, World Wrestling Entertainment's executive vice president of creative development and operations, said WWE has sent Hall to rehab multiple times and spent "in the six figures" on efforts to help him get sober.

"It's the most amount of money we've spent on anyone," she said. "I just want Scott to get help and to decide for himself that he needs help. It makes me sad. I don't want anybody to pass away prematurely or otherwise really. Scott was an incredibly talented performer, larger than life, charismatic. He's a father, he's a friend. I'm sure he means a lot to a lot of people and it would be a shame for him to pass away."

Need to find out when this is airing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...