Who replaces Sutter? (If he leaves)

twillms73

Is he the guy everyone has been talking about who coached Trenton to the Kelly Cup? I'm too lazy to look back and check.

That's Mike Haviland (he coached A.C. to a Kelly Cup title too). Bob Hartley is the guy who coached the Avs when they beat us in 2001 and then did a whole lot of nothing in Atlanta for a few years.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny how as a board we get on Lou for always going back to the future (bringing back Rolston and Holik, if he brings back Lemaire) yet as a fanbase Devil fans want nothing more than to have the roster and staff filled with people who once won for the team. Just look at the gillion bring back Claude posts over the last decade and Stevens for coach posts the last couple years.

In theory, I liked the Rolston and Holik moves. I liked what they were expected to bring. But then reality had to go mess every thing up.

As for Stevens, he has said in the past that when his kids are grown and he's enjoyed retirement for a while, he WILL return to hockey, and it WILL be with the Devils. I think when the time comes, and he is ready (see how that works, Brent?) he will be an assistant in Lowell. Then, after a year or 2, he will be in the NHL working with the defense. No need to jump right into NHL head coaching like Gretzky.

Oh, and a thought I had... the new coach will have to be able to handle Brodeur's ego and get him to sit a little more. I just don't know if his former teammate Johnny Mac can do that.

Oh, and a thought I had... the new coach will have to be able to handle Brodeur's ego and get him to sit a little more. I just don't know if his former teammate Johnny Mac can do that.

I don't think anyone can do that, not as long as Lou's here anyway since it seems in part that Marty plays 77 a year cause Lou agrees Marty should play as much as he wants. Keenan's the only one crazy enough to do so but he's such a loose cannon it's not worth the other baggage.

Well maybe Jacques too since he's the only coach that ever controlled Brodeur's playing time, though that was almost a generation ago.

Edited by Hasan4978