RED SOX TAKE THE LEAD!!

Christ almighty this board is seriously like high school de ja vu. You have the people you like, and respect. The people you don't care about. Ad the ignorant idiots like you who you can't stand.
Edited by Guest

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

listen you son of a bitch,i really don't give a rats ass what you think! If you had any brains at all ,you would have seen that i was replying to nmadd in the original post. But in your stupidity you thought i was replying to you. your a fvcking chump and need to take a flying fvck thru a rolling donut,so go kindly fvck youself!! edit:oh and by the way your "cowboys" are a bunch of MOFO'S...how do you "like" me now?? :kill:

why are people happy that the yankees are keeping melky

he is not entering his prime because he will likely never have a prime

he is bad defensively and the only thing saving him right now is that he has a plus arm. he is bad offensively and the only thing saving him is there is nothing saving him he just flat out sucks in that department

that said there are a couple pitchers i'd rather have than santana. like any of the top 5 in the AL last season. Santana has logged a TON of innings over the last four years and he had arm difficulties that prevented him from throwing his slider much of last season, causing the resulting decline in peripherals and the couple notches knocked off his fastball. He might come into camp perfectly fine, but if it's going to be a chronic issue, expect him to put up numbers like the second half of last season, only worse because the AL is going to be loaded this year.

Edited by Nature's Minister

i say the sox are going to get santana. and im not saying that just because im a sox fan. the yankees couldnt put together a good package... theo epstein said that the sox are willing to trade lester-crisp or ellsbury-crisp, but NOT both ellsbury and lester. I say the lester-crisp-prospect for santana trade goes down sometime really really realy soon... how sick would this rotation be

beckett

santana

schilling

dice-k

wakefield/bucholz

Defense can't prevent you from losing control of and velocity on your pitches. His mechanics are completely messed up, and I don't think they're reparable considering it's an inability to torque his body like he used to in his windup.

Melky had a 718 OPS last year which is pretty awful. Does he have potential? Sure. Will he ever amount to anything special? Probably not. He'll likely be a good fourth outfielder for a long time, but I just don't see him really catching on as a true centerfielder for a contending team.

Defense can't prevent you from losing control of and velocity on your pitches. His mechanics are completely messed up, and I don't think they're reparable considering it's an inability to torque his body like he used to in his windup.

Melky had a 718 OPS last year which is pretty awful. Does he have potential? Sure. Will he ever amount to anything special? Probably not. He'll likely be a good fourth outfielder for a long time, but I just don't see him really catching on as a true centerfielder for a contending team.

Coco makes up for his bad bat with outstanding defense. Melky isn't even comparable. And they'd still probably be better off with someone who can hit there instead of him.

So yes, bad defense and bad hitting aren't very desirable traits in a player, even if they are 22 years old. Melky can hit some and he's not a complete butcher in the field like Damon was or aging Bernie Williams etc. but he's not impressed me so far.

Edited by Nature's Minister

Buster Olney thinks Santana isn't going anywhere.

Which is good news for both the Yankees and the Red Sox and probably what both organizations wanted to happen.

Good news for Santana, too, since there's going to be a bidding war after this season for his services.

Bad news for Smith, who may be out of a job after the way he handled this. Minnesota fans are going to burn him in effigy.

Coco makes up for his bad bat with outstanding defense. Melky isn't even comparable. And they'd still probably be better off with someone who can hit there instead of him.

So yes, bad defense and bad hitting aren't very desirable traits in a player, even if they are 22 years old. Melky can hit some and he's not a complete butcher in the field like Damon was or aging Bernie Williams etc. but he's not impressed me so far.

good, let's find all the center fielders who project better over the next 5 years than melky cabrera in terms of offense on the free agent market and sign one of them

oh really there aren't any? hm, that's funny. i would've thought there was.

let's see what ZIPS says:

Cabrera: .286/.352/.419

Rowand: .276/.339/.444

i can't find andruw jones, it suffices to say it won't be great. same with torii hunter who's no longer an FA, but still. remember, this is NOW - when cabrera's 23 and rowand's just entering his decline phase.

you seem to harbor this delusion that .800 hitting CFs are available all over and the Yankees are going to stick with this schmuck Cabrera. I know BP's fielding metrics rate him poorly but BP's fielding metrics aren't gospel by any stretch. Cabrera is a solid CF - there's a possibility he turns out to be garbage, but guys who make it to the majors at 22 as full time players often aren't.

As for Santana I WANT him to go to Bo$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ton, so people can realize the truth

It's funny when Yankee fans jump up and down, point north and say, "Look at them! THEY are the Evil Empire!"

But there is only one Evil Empire. The new leader of that Evil Empire may be Mr. Hankee, but they are still the Evil Empire nonetheless. And they are FUN to hate, and it is fun when they fail. Yippeeee!

It's funny when Yankee fans jump up and down, point north and say, "Look at them! THEY are the Evil Empire!"

But there is only one Evil Empire. The new leader of that Evil Empire may be Mr. Hankee, but they are still the Evil Empire nonetheless. And they are FUN to hate, and it is fun when they fail. Yippeeee!

Mr. Hankee!!! Aahahah!! Priceless!! Matt Stone And Trey Parker would be proud!

the Yankees are the "Evil Emprie " and Im a yankee fan but the sox fans cant say that the Yankees are trying to buy the WS or make any money jokes at the Yankees anymore

the Yankees are the "Evil Emprie " and Im a yankee fan but the sox fans cant say that the Yankees are trying to buy the WS or make any money jokes at the Yankees anymore

Well, the Yankees do spend more, but you're right in that the Sox spend more than anyone else but the NYY. They're not eating at the same table as Tampa Bay, that's for sure.

I just like seeing LOTCB get all fired up about the Sox payroll. :)

Actually Mr. Hankee sounds too benevolent,I like the sound of...Hankenstein. kind of reminds me of this guys son... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7IhIdRVxzs...feature=related Edited by Guest

the mets have done nothing but posturing the entire meeting. They traded their biggest chip in Milledge how the hell are they gonna get these names now?

Like I said, they are certainly still behind in the race, but trading Lastings doesn't automatically rule them out.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/8023

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/7807

update:

La Velle E. Neal III of the Star Tribune believes the Red Sox, Mets, Yankees, Mariners and Rangers all remain interested in Johan Santana.

He doesn't think the Angels are in the mix, though there's always time for that to change. There's likely to be little movement on the Santana front before the winter meetings conclude, a development that is annoying a bunch of teams that were hoping to bid on Erik Bedard, Dan Haren and other starting pitchers.

Source: Minneapolis Star Tribune

per rotoworld.com

Edited by Mike441