Jason Kidd taking shots a NJ

DevRickus

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03122008/sport...rsey_101535.htm

"We were on the wrong side of the Hudson," Kidd lamented to a few New York writers late Monday night in an empty Maverick locker room after he torched the Knicks again.

"We were on the right side. If we were on the left side, I think things would have been funer. There would've been a lot more attention.

"The things we accomplished in that short amount of time would have been documented at a higher level. And unfortunately it wasn't. But we were still treated to a lot of things on the other side."

Real class act. Go beat your wife again.

I like Harris' game more than Kidd.. Harris plays with intensity (although his shooting NEEDS to improve) and Kidd plays like he doesn't care.. If Kidd wasn't a great passer he wouldn't even be playing in the NBA, the guy barely could reach double digits in points each game

Kidd's only success is active play around the rim (rebounds) and his stellar passing ability (assists) ..

Edited by nmigliore

i don't see anything in that quote that isn't true.

I do. He was saying he wished he played for the Knicks. Well he had the chance when he was a Free Agent, but he took the max contract to stay with the Nets, then things go south and he is traded and the first chance he gets, he demeans everything he did in NJ and the fans that cheered for him and helped pay his salary. It was a classless act but what else would you expect for him.

I do. He was saying he wished he played for the Knicks. Well he had the chance when he was a Free Agent, but he took the max contract to stay with the Nets, then things go south and he is traded and the first chance he gets, he demeans everything he did in NJ and the fans that cheered for him and helped pay his salary. It was a classless act but what else would you expect for him.

I completely agree with Tri.

The Nets were the best team in the East in 2002 and 2003. Jason Kidd came in and turned a team that had the 1st overall pick in 2000 into a team that made the NBA Championship in 2002 and again in 2003. Through all of this, nobody cared that much, especially the media. Afterall Kidd was completely robbed of the NBA MVP in 2002 when he lost to Tim Duncan for the fact that he played in Jersey where there was really no media coverage all season. I mean he was completely robbed and nobody cared when he didn't win it either.

Like I said...the guy took a team that had the 1st pick in the NBA draft in 2000 and won 26 games in 2001 to the NBA finals in 2002, with basically the same team, minus Marbury who he was traded for, and didn't win the NBA MVP. Yet when Steve Nash takes a playoff team that just happened to miss the playoffs the year before because of terrible injuries, he gets crowned as the greatest player ever, gets all the attention and an MVP award.

What he did with the Nets was nothing short of amazing, and like he said, it never really got appreciated by the media. But sure make fun of his grammar mistake because you didn't really understand what he meant.

Kidd's not taking shots at NJ. Read the quotes again. He's taking shots at the coverage in New Jersey. Is it any secret that the Knicks get more coverage than the Nets? Think about the hype that would have happened league-wide if the Knicks went to the Finals for two consecutive years. Seems to me Kidd is simply stating the obvious - that it would have been more fun to accomplish the same things with greater hype, coverage, and respect. Nowhere in there do I see him bashing on NJ or the Nets.

By the way - Harris is a damn good player, but Kidd at his best is on a whole different level. He may seem like he doesn't care, but he's incredibly competitive. Show me a game where Kidd dogged it, 'cause I haven't seen one yet.

By the way - Harris is a damn good player, but Kidd at his best is on a whole different level. He may seem like he doesn't care, but he's incredibly competitive. Show me a game where Kidd dogged it, 'cause I haven't seen one yet.

Speaking of the Nets, they've looked terrific the past 2 games.. Tonight they struggled a bit vs the Jazz in the 2nd quarter and parts of the 3rd but fought back hard in the 4th to win it late! GREAT game from Boone (21 pts, 13 Reb) .. Jefferson was great as usual, Harris had 19 pts and 13 assists i believe. Dont remember Carter's stats.. but man Boone was on fire tonight

Crasher you make a great point about basketball, especially when you cheer for a team that once had Terrell Owens and Keyshawn Johnson.

And they ever went and said fire the coach or else?

And when did Owens ever fake a migraine and not play when a big game was at hand?

Not to mention Keyshawn was an excellent citizen when he was in Dallas

and why does that matter??

I'm been rather open with my lack of love for Owens, and his idiocy from year one was as much Parcells driven as it was by Owens.... and Owens still played every down when he was healthy

I fail to see what one has to do with the other

Jason Kidd is one of the great selfish douches in PRO SPORTS

And they ever went and said fire the coach or else?

Basketball places the most value on an individual player of any of the major sports. The rosters are much smaller, and the value of the bench players minimal. A top player in the NBA can be responsible for several wins alone. This is going to lead an individual player to have much more power over the course of a franchise. Likewise, when people say that Jason Kidd saved the franchise in New Jersey, they are right - he was just that good. The only player who might have that kind of impact on a game is an NHL goaltender and even there I'm skeptical.

And when did Owens ever fake a migraine and not play when a big game was at hand?

1. it's never been confirmed he was faking a migraine

2. that was a november game against the knicks, not a 'big game'.

Not to mention Keyshawn was an excellent citizen when he was in Dallas

after he got run out of tampa bay for conduct detrimental to the team

I fail to see what one has to do with the other

My point was that other leagues have prima-donnas - they just can't exert the kind of power that a Jason Kidd can.

Jason Kidd is one of the great selfish douches in PRO SPORTS

So is Mark Messier - didn't stop him from being a tremendous captain. Did the Nets do worse with Lawrence Frank? No.

• 2 weeks later...

Funny how the Mavs might miss the playoffs and Nets might get in.. it seems unlikely that both those things occur, but i would die laughing if they did.

The Nets have a great team, they just turn the ball over too much and take too many ill-advised shots.. Plus the Nets have missed Krstic, big time.. hes just getting his jump shot back now it seems. Nets definitely have gotten the better of the deal, Harris is younger than Kidd and ahs the potential of being much greater (although not a triple double wh0re.. Diop good on rebounds and consistent defensive play (blocks, etc.).. Hassel a decent defender, and Ager has some potential, he just doesn't play often.

Worse than what, the TWO STRAIGHT FINALS appearances under Byron Scott? That move was a sham at the time and even worse now that Scott's a big candidate for coach of the year with the job he's done in New Orleans, while Frank's teams underachieve year after year.

The power of the individual stars for each team is a big reason why I no longer watch the NBA :P