STH.sales tax/ newark surcharge?

Blown01NJ

Yeah, they mentioned a while back that there was some new surcharge on the tickets for the city. I'd bet the tax is not really waived, but they just give you 7% off. and cover the tax out of what you already paid.

Stupid.

I renewed in July last year and was not charged the extra 7%. I'm probably not going to renew this year anyway.

Anyone know whats up with this? Looks like the price of my ticket is NOT going up, but I am being charged 7% tax which is somehow waived if I pay in full before 4/4? How does that make any sense? In addition theres now a 1.x% 'newark' surcharge?

The tax is part of the deal the JVB made with the city after he beat them in court and Booker went on his tirade about Jeff being a "huckster and hustler."  The Devils get their guaranteed parking revenue and basically play rent free for the next 24 years, while the City gets to tax ticket buyers for all events at the arena.

http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/2013/02/after_years_of_strife_newark_a.html

The 7% state tax was always built into our STH price, so I'm not sure what has changed there other than new ownership wanting to incentivize people to pay up by 4/4/14.

Anyone have a guess on STH drop % from this season to next?

Between the team being putrid, and all of the fvckery they are doing with the selling of tickets, etc...I expect a decent drop

im expecting the same thing just between this board and HF there are a lot of very unhappy sth's ... as well as what you said a poor performing team and cheaper prices for almost every game on the secondary market

im expecting the same thing just between this board and HF there are a lot of very unhappy sth's ... as well as what you said a poor performing team and cheaper prices for almost every game on the secondary market

This tax bullsh!t is a scam. Its not rewarding people for paying early, its penalizing them for not.