Credentials to be in HHOF? Future HHOF?

xmogilny89x

I was wondering what everyone's opinion was on how a player can get into the hockey hall of fame. I know for baseball there are key statistics like 300 wins, 500 HRs, 3,000 hits.

I was wondering does 1000 points guarantee you in the hockey hall of fame? Does a lot of cup wins? What do all of you think?

Also what players does everyone think are locks to be in the hall of fame (e.g. Brodeur) and who are some that are on the cusp or bordering (e.g. Tkachuk)?

Locks among still active players (meaning would be inducted even if career ended today): Marty, Pronger, Modano, Lidstrom, Crosby (yes, even if his career ended today), Recchi, Jagr, Rod Pelley.

Borderline (meaning need a few more years with fairly comparable production as to what they're putting out now): Chara, Thornton, Iginla, LeCavalier, Alfredson, Ovechkin.

Probably forgetting a few others.

Edited by Daniel

Locks among still active players (meaning would be inducted even if career ended today): Marty, Pronger, Modano, Lidstrom, Crosby (yes, even if his career ended today), Recchi, Jagr, Rod Pelley.

Borderline (meaning need a few more years with fairly comparable production as to what they're putting out now): Chara, Thornton, Iginla, LeCavalier, Alfredson, Ovechkin.

Probably forgetting a few others.

I would have to move Ovie to the def list of future HOFer's. The key stat he might miss is no Stanley Cup, but he will def reach 500 goals and 1000 points in his career barring injury. If they let in Mike Gartner with no Cups then they would and will let Ovie in without a cup too as long as he has the 500/1000 stats.

i was just wondering because there are some players who seem to play a lot of years and compile statistics who i may not think of as a hall of famer (e.g Doug Weight)

Future HOF Locks: Martin Brodeur, Martin St. Louis, Jerome Iginla, Temmu Selanne, Sydney Crosby, Alex Ovechkin, Mark Recchi, Nicklas Lindstrom

Future HOF Bubble-in: Roberto Luongo, Ryan Miller, Sedin twins, Henrik Zetterberg, Joe Thornton, Patrick Elias, Pavel Datsyuk, Daniel Alfredsson, Vinny Lecavalier, Chris Pronger,

Future HOF Bubble-out: Miika Kiprusoff, Rick Nash, Dany Heatley, Saku Koivu, Shane Doan, Patrice Bergeron, Tomas Plekanec, Jason Spezza, Ryan Smyth, Brian Gionta, Brian Rafalski, Tomas Kaberle, Roman Hamerlik, Dion Phaneuf, Sergei Gonchar, Patrick Marleau

Young but have very good shot at Bubble-in: Shea Weber, Brent Seabrook, Cam Ward, Carey Price, Pekka Rinne, M-A Fleury, Henrik Lundqvist, Jonathan Toews, Patrick Kane, Zach Parise, Ilya Kovalchuck, Corey Perry, Ryan Kessler, Steven Stamkos, Mike Green

Future HOF Locks: Martin Brodeur, Martin St. Louis, Jerome Iginla, Temmu Selanne, Sydney Crosby, Alex Ovechkin, Mark Recchi, Nicklas Lindstrom

Future HOF Bubble-in: Roberto Luongo, Ryan Miller, Sedin twins, Henrik Zetterberg, Joe Thornton, Patrick Elias, Pavel Datsyuk, Daniel Alfredsson, Vinny Lecavalier, Chris Pronger,

Future HOF Bubble-out: Miika Kiprusoff, Rick Nash, Dany Heatley, Saku Koivu, Shane Doan, Patrice Bergeron, Tomas Plekanec, Jason Spezza, Ryan Smyth, Brian Gionta, Brian Rafalski, Tomas Kaberle, Roman Hamerlik, Dion Phaneuf, Sergei Gonchar, Patrick Marleau

Young but have very good shot at Bubble-in: Shea Weber, Brent Seabrook, Cam Ward, Carey Price, Pekka Rinne, M-A Fleury, Henrik Lundqvist, Jonathan Toews, Patrick Kane, Zach Parise, Ilya Kovalchuck, Corey Perry, Ryan Kessler, Steven Stamkos, Mike Green

With Elias' case it all depends who else is on the ballot the same year he is trying to get in.

perfect timing on the Pelley :evil:

I know it's probably not going to happen, but I'm still waiting for Pavel Bure to get in there.

Just like Pavel -- waiting on the blue line for the puck to come back his way...

Future HOF Bubble-in: Daniel Alfredsson, Vinny Lecavalier, Chris Pronger,

Pronger... on the bubble.... :doh1:

As for Alfredsson -- I SOOOOO wish he had been on our team these past 5 years. Then it would all be so easy to see the jinx and ship him out. He is SUCH the Lord of the Choke.

Edited by Pepperkorn