ARBITRATION DATE SET

cgosha21

Honestly we shouldn't worry about this or anything else Lou is doing. I'm sure he's working very hard at putting things together to ensure a first round exit out of the playoffs next season. BANG!

and we will fight to the finish to make sure we match the hardest team for us instead of a team we owned all season. losing meaningless games is for losers.

Don't sweat it. We'll return to 09-10 form where on the last game of the season one of our disgruntled players scores the GWG. We will then open our playoffs playing a team that beat us all season long instead of playing a team whose number we had and we could have played if we lost said last game of the season.

Well, I really want Zach as a Devil. If management can't get him signed I'll be seriously disappointed. If he wants too much I can understand them signing him for a year and letting him walk. I don't want that to happen but I don't think her deserves 7 million a year either. Make it a solid 6 million and I can live with it. :)

Scoops

I just hope there is some real constructive "behind the scenes" dialogue on the whole strategy of signing Parise within the cap framework between Lou, Parise, and his agent. Truth be told is that the Devils have made signing Parise a big ticket item verbally to the press, and hence, considering that Lou is very secretive about everything, such a declaration should be taken to heart and be worth its weight in gold.

Lou said the same about Kovy, and Kovy wasn't signed until later on in the ballgame.

Business is business. You don't want to shoot off the hip by overpaying Parise and being stuck with him for the longterm. The Devils already have such an albatross with Kovy, and don't need repeating the situation the next summer.

Everyone wants to feel wanted. Parise is wanted. There are no ifs, ands, or buts about that. It's how can we make you part of the family without kicking everyone else out is the question. Lou is working on that, and I'm confident it will get done.

If the process gets to arbitration (barring a deliberate set-up between Lou and Parise to go through the motions of arbitration on purpose for cap reconciliation), then I'm afraid Parise walks next summer.