Devils sign Eric Boulton

iamtheprodigy

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Boulton and Janssen we definitely got tougher, something Lou has been saying the last few years he was gonna do and never did. I believe the end of last season Lou said we're gonna get tougher and harder to play against this year, and we just did with these signings. The Devils will once again be feared in the East like the "Crash Line" days. At least that's what I hope.

The Crash Line guys had skill. Boulton and Cam don't. 2 4th line fighters don't serve enough of a purpose in the new NHL, and even if they did, you can't play them both the same game without weakening your hockey team. I'd be happy with 1 signing. Not both. Only reason this is good is if they had to dump Clarkson to free up cap space no matter what.

I hate these kinds of moves. The over-riding message doesn't sit well with me :noclue:

Clearly it's redundant filler... which is fine -- but the team gets overrun with it... then (here comes the analogy) you're nice down pillow is all fvcked up with some synthetic cotton sh!t that balls up and fvcks up the whole pillow and --- when you go to re-stuff the pillow with something better, you're going to lose down as you rip out the sh!t - it's unavoidable. You fill it with half and half decent crap you lose decent with the crap as you try to upgrade be it via morale let down or just that reminder that you might be expendable filler... it's annoying. Why even put that sh!t in there top priority. Filler is easily obtained later as sooner.

Whatever -- you know - just whatever - I don't know the plan. :rolleyes: