Fantasy Football Draft 2011

aylbert

I was not asking to go back in time and take someone who is already off the board. I was not asking to have anyone re-pick, all I asked for is to release Collie and just pick my #92 slot at #102 and just picking from what is available as of now.

Thanks Albert for the suggestion.

I know you weren't suggesting to take someone who you were selecting... however, just releasing a player and repicking again has issues... as I ranked Collie over Steve Smith... and therefore would want to release my pick of Steve Smith and pick Collie... and there's a mess of chain that could happen, etc.

The trade with Value resolves that.... not preferable for me of course, but is a more legit way to handle it since I technically already picked Steve Smith, even though it was the pick right before yours :)

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know you weren't suggesting to take someone who you were selecting... however, just releasing a player and repicking again has issues... as I ranked Collie over Steve Smith... and therefore would want to release my pick of Steve Smith and pick Collie... and there's a mess of chain that could happen, etc.

The trade with Value resolves that.... not preferable for me of course, but is a more legit way to handle it since I technically already picked Steve Smith, even though it was the pick right before yours :)

I realize that. Your trade offer was better for me, but I didn't want to renege on a previous commitment to HIV.

So Masked is up now?

It's Crasher call on the re-pick...

Wow....so NOW we feel bad when we find out it ACTUALLY was an outage and NOW we're ok with my suggestion in the first damn place??? Yay, points for guilty consciences!!!!:rolleyes:

Wow....so NOW we feel bad when we find out it ACTUALLY was an outage and NOW we're ok with my suggestion in the first damn place??? Yay, points for guilty consciences!!!!:rolleyes:

I missed that conversation and not really thrilled about the final results. What did you suggest?

Not here, it's still the right decision not to allow the repick imo. At least a fair solution was found and Manta's ok.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Extra comments.....

1. Brian as HiV is more perfect then you could imagine :P

2. the pick for Manta is the one at the end of the 9th Round right???

So now we have a Manta-Block on the conference call??? CMOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNN

Which means I ain't picking till I get out of the house tomorrow :noclue:

I missed that conversation and not really thrilled about the final results. What did you suggest?

I had suggested a mulligan of sorts and letting you take the best guy on the board when your turn came around....but seems natural disasters are not "important" enough to slow down the draft this year......:whistling:

Not here, it's still the right decision not to allow the repick imo.

That is BS.

No my fault we a had a major catastrophe. I had no access to the site and several higher priorities that intervened.

Edited by MantaRay

Not here, it's still the right decision not to allow the repick imo. At least a fair solution was found and Manta's ok.

Man oh man you better leave NOTHING to chance then when you go away....I'm just sayin......

No... I did not, and still, did not support the repick of his pick at 92. However, I am not the commish so obviously can't state something as a fact like "NO, You can't". My alternative selection was to void my pick at 100 (the last pick made)... trade it to Manta for Collie... and have Manta pick at 100 and 101.

It's an unfortunate circumstance... however, something a simple text could have resolved - Flooded and without power, etc. And then if it doesn't get resolved... 'hey, give me the best available D", etc Instead, Manta is the only one who doesn't have an alternative contact with Crasher... so when your AWOL (legit as it is); the draft moves on. There's a holiday weekend coming up, not to mention we can't ask the NFL to hold off so we can finish :)

Edited by aylbert

Hey if you want to change your mind now be my guest, we probably don't have time for a league-wide vote and Masked hasn't picked yet. I wouldn't protest if he got a true do over, just giving my opinion. As unfair as it is to Manta, is it fair to everyone else who's drafted since then?

Then again the trade itself isn't ideal by that standard so do what you want.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Who got a chance to say ANYTHING anyway??? I'm ALSO still without power, and this whole lil coup was done when I was nowhere near a machine for like 30 hours or so, and if we can't cut someone a break during that storm...damned if I know when we can then...just following the precedent.....

But then again we do a conference call to SPEED THINGS UP...and then you guys COMPLAIN AGAIN.....I can't win, so I don't care :P

Manta took Brian's trade anyway....so whatever....I'm gonna go back to working now so I don't start pissing in people's Cheerios :P

lol a coup, don't blame this on me or ayl, it was still your choice, we were never a majority and I suspect if you did a vote now it would come out in Manta's favor. Bit if you want to control the speed of the draft and remind everyone constantly you run the league you better face the music when a decision isn't popular.

lol a coup, don't blame this on me or ayl, it was still your choice, we were never a majority and I suspect if you did a vote now it would come out in Manta's favor. Bit if you want to control the speed of the draft and remind everyone constantly you run the league you better face the music when a decision isn't popular.

fvck that!!! I was off the internet for 36 hours and ALL YOU GUYS decided.... "oh screw him, we have no attention spans and our meaningless football draft means more then if Manta's swimming in a river (like my sister was) due to the storm...OMG WE MUST HURRY THE PICKS!!!"....I then propose a REASONABLE option and the same idiot gallery shoots it down in a nano-second, and you're gonna put this ON ME???? You are out of your goddamned mind!!!! It's not like this crap happens EVERY YEAR....people need to get their goddamned heads out of the head and look at some reality here.....

It's a shame the football draft is getting filled with the same garbage that's sucked away my motivation to post in this damn place.......

fvck that!!! I was off the internet for 36 hours and ALL YOU GUYS decided.... "oh screw him, we have no attention spans and our meaningless football draft means more then if Manta's swimming in a river (like my sister was) due to the storm...

I'll be the bad guy here. Yes.

It's a football draft... which means absolutely nothing to issues in real life. We have a draft clock, we have alternate contact methods etc. Manta chose not to provide this... and real life obviously is more improtant than a meaningless football draft. That said... if it's a meaningless football draft... then a pick in it, is also meaningless. So getting auto-picked at Round 8/9 of that draft shouldn't matter either. You said yourself that Manta's abscense went above and beyond reason to wait it out for his return.

We have a hard deadline that can't be pushed back, and we know there are other issues ahead with Labor Day.

Why is this so complicated? Picks are made, we move on.

Edited by aylbert

Jackers!!!!

I am going to Manta-block myself:

The MantaRavens select our finally injury free defense:

The BALTIMORE RAVENS D.

DAMN YOU!! :rofl:

All kidding aside, Manta glad you are ok I was concerned to be honest....

But no concerns at all....no excuses, you MUST be here or face the autodraft fate!!! Its vicious around here, no matter what!

Question, what is the allotted time for each pick again?

Edited by LOTCB

I'll be the bad guy here. Yes.

We have a draft clock, we have alternate contact methods etc. Manta chose not to provide this...

Rubbish!!!

This "alternative contact" method would have been USELESS. I had no means of receiving this "alternative contact" nor responding to it.

DAMN YOU!! :rofl:

But no concerns at all....no excuses, you MUST be here or face the autodraft fate!!! Its vicious around here, no matter what!

Thanks Clown.

Still waiting for power, but it could have been a lot worse.

Rubbish!!!

This "alternative contact" method would have been USELESS. I had no means of receiving this "alternative contact" nor responding to it.

A text message saying: "no power, dealing with the hurricane" would suffice. And then from there, Crasher can decide if its reasonable to wait from the 8:30pm on 8/28 to the morning of 8/31 for 1 pick... Like I said, I fully understand you're dealing with the aftermath of a hurricane and that the draft is the least of your concerns... but I don't see why that means the draft goes on permahold until you can make your pick for the 8th round. The draft shouldn't matter to you in your situation but you are arguing both sides. The draft is the furthest thing from my mind - But NO! Don't go on without me.

Edited by aylbert

You mean at the same time I was dealing with

My sister, her husband and three kids were stuck inside their house thanks to this impromptu river that was their block.....I had WAY more important things going on that Sunday to worry.....and I'm sure Manta did too......

(the worst part is if OMG THE DRAFT RUNS LATE...I hit ONE button and the season starts week 2.....WOW)

I'm glad Manta is ok too. I was less concerned because he was on at 11AM Sunday, and most everyone I know who lost power, lost it before then.

BTW, Clock is 12 hours... and freezes from 12a-6a... So essentially 18 hours if the pick before you is made between 12:00PM - 12am Midnite