Fantasy Football Draft 2011

aylbert

The only people that make this false claim typically have no real knowledge of professional football. Our receivers have been fine and last year had a great group, but we could not get beyond our Steeler Phobia.

Rivers has the benefit of playing Oakland, KC, Denver and at one time Seattle to pump up his numbers. We crush him everytime we play him.

And this is where your delusions come in....if you think Boldin, TJ Who's yo mama and Derek Mason are a dynamic top-end WR core who can stretch the field and a defense, you're out of your mind....this is why TJ's gone, this is why Heap is gone (McGahee too)....and why Lee Evans is there.... you can't have a good, forget great, WR corps without at LEAST one guy who can break the 10-yard pass and make it 65....no one feared the Ravens WR deep and it exposed their offense....EVERY YEAR, now that's gone, Lee Evans is that guy

And Flacco gets the perk of playing Cincinnati and Cleveland every year....every division and schedule has its patsies, that claim is trash and you know it....

why is this fight happening here and not in my damn preview!!! :rant:

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And this is where your delusions come in....if you think Boldin, TJ Who's yo mama and Derek Mason are a dynamic top-end WR core who can stretch the field and a defense, you're out of your mind....this is why TJ's gone, this is why Heap is gone (McGahee too)....and why Lee Evans is there.... you can't have a good, forget great, WR corps without at LEAST one guy who can break the 10-yard pass and make it 65....no one feared the Ravens WR deep and it exposed their offense....EVERY YEAR, now that's gone, Lee Evans is that guy

why is this fight happening here and not in my damn preview!!! :rant:

Wow, what a lot misinformation here. Where to start?

1. Last year, we had great receivers. Flacco had 3,600 yards passing in a run oriented offense.

You don't need speed to stretch the field: Todd Heap averaged 15 yards per catch which was more than Calvin Johnson, Santonio Holmes, and Andre Johnson. Donte Stallworth was #6 in YAC in the NFL.

2. TJ is gone because he dropped the most important pass of the season against Pittsburgh in the playoffs.

3. Heap, McGahee, Mason and TJ were all victims of the league's new salary cap.

4. Lee Evans is here because speedster Torrey Smith looks like a bust and we got him CHEAP.

5. I know you know very little about the Ravens, but we had a host of speedsters who just lacked the fundamentals and could not crack the line-up. If anything, your emphasis on WR's with speed makes you about as knowledge about football as Al Davis this decade.

Edited by MantaRay

If you call that immobile group of fossils that gets its sh!t handed to them by the Steelers EVERY time, then you know and understand nothing about how a successful offense in the NFL works and there is no point in continuing this fool's discussion, NONE of those statues would see the light of day in any championship offense (ok... well maybe Anquain would, but not as the primary)

and if TJ was "great" he doesn't drop the pass now does he? B )

You WR corps is a GLARING weakness and it bit them in the ass how many years?

But yet you keep looking at the team through Manta-colored glasses.... and you wonder why I question the color of the sky in your universe......

If you call that immobile group of fossils that gets its sh!t handed to them by the Steelers EVERY time, then you know and understand nothing about how a successful offense in the NFL works and there is no point in continuing this fool's discussion, NONE of those statues would see the light of day in any championship offense (ok... well maybe Anquain would, but not as the primary)

and if TJ was "great" he doesn't drop the pass now does he? B )

You WR corps is a GLARING weakness and it bit them in the ass how many years?

But yet you keep looking at the team through Manta-colored glasses.... and you wonder why I question the color of the sky in your universe......

Again, there is more to the WR position than running fast. Stallworth is one of fastest players in the league, and he could crack our top 3. We beat every team but Pittsburgh which is more mental than physical barrier.

Rivers has the benefit of playing Oakland, KC, Denver and at one time Seattle to pump up his numbers. We crush him everytime we play him.

This is the part of an NFL fan that I cannot understand. Since you are in the mood to discuss NFL fans with 'no knowledge' how does this prove anything about Flacco vs Rivers?

Care to reverse the situation and switch the QB's (Rivers to Baltimore and Flacco to San Diego)...maybe THEN you will get over Steelerphobia or whatever its called)

A lot of fans just view winning as the criteria for what makes an NFL QB elite. While yes, it is PART of the equation and has to be no question, one must look at everything: organization, coaching, GM, is the team cheap, etc...what weapons does that QB have around him...nah, its just easier to just look at wins and losses, instead of actually taking the time to analyze the QB. :rant:

I will grant you this: Flacco is a good QB, no questions asked, but from my vantage point: He just does some things that baffle me, whether its holding the ball too long, INT's etc. Can it change? Sure...but as of right now, he is what he think he is.

Again, there is more to the WR position than running fast. Stallworth is one of fastest players in the league, and he could crack our top 3. We beat every team but Pittsburgh which is more mental than physical barrier.

QB's make the receiver more then the receiver makes the QB.

Look at the Bills: With Trent Edwards, the WR's sucked...enter Fitz, Stevie Johnson and others flourish..did the receivers get better overnight?

Nope.

Did Evans flourish? Him and his 37 receptions last year speak for that. You have a burner who will make you a big play, but will disappear more then you will expect. Have fun.

Here ....an ACTUAL stat to back what I'm talking about..... receptions over 20 yards....the Ravens rank 27th in receptions over 20 yards last year, THIS is what I am saying.... you MUST stretch the field and make big plays to be a successful offense in the NFL, the teams with less: KC, Seattle, St. Louis, Atlanta and Carolina....and there's a reason Atlanta cashed in their whole draft to get a game-breaking WR to open the field for your offense....and you're not listening (gee a shock)....I never used the word "speed"....I used the word "deep threat"....this means someone who will catch the ball when you use them to stretch the field....no Clifford Franklin's in this conversation!

Evans will keep a defense honest and give that much more room to make more running plays effective and not allow you to box the defense within 20 yards of the snap, and THAT is what the Ravens have been missing....that clear enough for you?

Care to reverse the situation and switch the QB's (Rivers to Baltimore and Flacco to San Diego)...maybe THEN you will get over Steelerphobia or whatever its called)

A lot of fans just view winning as the criteria for what makes an NFL QB elite. While yes, it is PART of the equation and has to be no question, one must look at everything: organization, coaching, GM, is the team cheap, etc...what weapons does that QB have around him...nah, its just easier to just look at wins and losses, instead of actually taking the time to analyze the QB. :rant:

I will grant you this: Flacco is a good QB, no questions asked, but from my vantage point: He just does some things that baffle me, whether its holding the ball too long, INT's etc. Can it change? Sure...but as of right now, he is what he think he is.

QB's make the receiver more then the receiver makes the QB.

Look at the Bills: With Trent Edwards, the WR's sucked...enter Fitz, Stevie Johnson and others flourish..did the receivers get better overnight?

Nope.

Did Evans flourish? Him and his 37 receptions last year speak for that. You have a burner who will make you a big play, but will disappear more then you will expect. Have fun.

Fair enough Rivers vs Flacco. I know the QB position isn't one against one, but I just reacted to the silly Flacco-fanboy piece. My bad.

You can argue who makes who from both perspectives. QB/WR has more to do with chemistry.

Evans: Is perfect example about the "burner" who disappears but has that one big game.

I would rather have a possession receiver that is smart enough to just move the chains which was Mason and Heap.

Evans: Is perfect example about the "burner" who disappears but has that one big game.

I would rather have a possession receiver that is smart enough to just move the chains which was Mason and Heap.

Which makes life easy on defenses because they know they only need defend 20 yards of the field with no one to stretch them out....the safeties play up, the run game suffers and you look like a pop-gun offense that stalls out all too often, its the same concept on why it's easier to defend in the red zone, less field to cover, you put one guy out there who makes the safeties back off and the defense have to account for him deep and you change EVERYTHING, or am I just bombarding you with too many facts here?

(edit: Though in all irony I'm the local Madden dynasty wining the last 2 Super Bowls and all I pretty much do is throw short :lol: )

Edited by CRASHER

Which makes life easy on defenses because they know they only need defend 20 yards of the field with no one to stretch them out....the safeties play up, the run game suffers and you look like a pop-gun offense that stalls out all too often, its the same concept on why it's easier to defend in the red zone, less field to cover, you put onhave to account for him deep and you change EVERYTHING, or am I just bombarding you with too many facts here?

Bombarding with facts? LOL. You merely show your naivety. What you propose is setting your D to fall prey to

a rope a dope game plan. The second your D plays as you suggest is when we would throw to Heap for a 30 yard gain. You also fail to recognize that we typically are playing with the lead and in most cases killing the clock with our running game.

(edit: Though in all irony I'm the local Madden dynasty wining the last 2 Super Bowls and all I pretty much do is throw short :lol: )

Edited by MantaRay