NHL playoffs distant 3rd

LizDevil30

Which was the biggest event this weekend?

Red Sox-Yankees 44%

NBA playoffs 31%

NHL playoffs 18%

Other (Discuss) 7%

Total Votes: 10,324

So much for the NHL being the best playoffs? Didn't it win an ESPN poll? This poll was on AOL Sports.

I'll never understand why more people don't appreciate hockey. :noclue: God help us if the lockout is lengthy.

Red Sox-Yankees 44%

NBA playoffs 31%

NHL playoffs 18%

Other (Discuss) 7%

So much for the NHL being the best playoffs? Didn't it win an ESPN poll? This poll was on AOL Sports.

I'll never understand why more people don't appreciate hockey. :noclue: God help us if the lockout is lengthy.

2,000 of the votes were probably from Red Sox fans getting all excited about a series in APRIL.....comical

Red Sox-Yankees 44%

NBA playoffs 31%

NHL playoffs 18%

Other (Discuss) 7%

Actually, if I'm the NBA, I'm shaking in my sneakers. 13 percent higher than the NHL? Yikes...

<JESTER>

Today in health, an NBA fan noticed my USA IIHF In-Line jersey and he said hockey sucks, and then the teacher started arguing with him, telling him that hockey is the hardest pro sport to play.

I don't understand why hockey has a tough time attracting fans. Probably a whole bunch of reasons, one being that the only time you hear about it in the news is when something bad happens (such as the Bertuzzi incident). It was pathetic in school how all the people who don't know the difference between a blue line and a shin guard were all of a sudden talking about how bad a sport hockey is. :angry:

NBA is on the decline, just not as steep as the NHL. Baseball is on the upswing and the NFL is king and has been since the mid 90's, though I've lost alot of interest in football recently since they've marketed the game towards the rap and drunk teenager crowd.

The NBA is awful. I tried to sit through a Knicks-Memphis game at MSG back in March and ended up leaving at half time. Can't they just play 5 minutes and be done with it since only the last five minutes matter anyway?

That said, I really enjoy college hoops. But, I like it for the atmosphere and experience more than the game itself.

This is the beginning of a new era and no one likes beginnings. They only like middles and ends. We're at the start of the Heatley, Kovalchuk, Gaborik, Nash, Iginla, Crosbey Era. The NBA is at the beginning of the Lebron and whoever else it is they're touting nowadays ERA. The 80s and early 90s were tops for both sports and now they're changing eras at virtually the same time.

I just saw The Hanoi Hilton and there's a scene with Michael Moriarty as a POW and he is telling his cell mates he played hockey and right away they dis it. He gets in their faces and says how hard it is to play and how great the athletes are and they do it all at 50 mph with the grace of a ballerina. B ) Anyway I enjoyed the plug until they started talking about going to Ranger games. :P

DECLine? are you serious....lebron is making the nba an elite sport again.

The fact that the NBA isn't an elite sport now shows how far its slipped.

As for the NHL, I just don't buy that it can't "attract fans" as an argument for its struggles. Hockey has enough fans in America. If Bettman and Co. would stop mis-managing the game, perhaps some of the diehards who don't watch every shot in the playoffs would pay more attention.

For example, some people tell me they used to fight in regular season games. That sounds exciting!

<JESTER>