Which devils cup was your favorite?

Guest Devsrule

73 members have voted

1. 1. Which devils cup was your favorite?

Guest Devsrule

Game five was amazing even though they lost. So many chances, so many pucks rolling across the goal line or hitting the post. Marty was amazing.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To add to 2000, we had the best line in recent memory. I miss those days. :evilcry:

If you feel that way, I can see why your icon is crying.

To me, I think every year becomes the team I love the most. I never seem to like a previous year's team more. Maybe that's yet another reason why I go with '03, even though '95 and '00 are SO special.

Actually we shouldn't choose at all, all three of these being so awesome for all the reasons people have listed.

Well, I think the nature of the board is that there are a few old die-hard vets, and a LOT of younguns. And a lot of people new to cheering the team on.

Plus there is the matter of memory fading. I still don't remember Randy's OT goal that someone mentioned that happened in 1995. I do remember the one against the Bruins ... the tap in on what looked like a harmless play... but I think that was Broten. On the other hand, I could describe almost every game from last year in intricate detail. [and if I ever needed a refresher, I know a great site...]

That goal vs Boston was Randy's goal. Broten's OT winner was against Pitt. (it helps that have all 16 wins on tape and can watch them whenever I want :) )

Guest Devsrule

The reason why the 2003 SCF didnt seem as special as the others IMO was because it was vs the Ducks, a disney team. You put an avalanche or red wings jersey on them and it might have seemed just as great.

I disagree I think the pure hatred and loathing I've grown for Anaheim still applies

and we BEAT THEM... I can't imagine how crazy I'd be if we lost :P

not to mention Eisner deserves a 50 pound anvil dropped on his tiny skull from

members of the Warner Brothers cartoons !

I wish I had the 2000 game on tape but someone taped over it. The Stars series was pretty amazing though. Game 5 and 6 are some of the best hockey there has been in the Cup finals in a long time but the series against Ottawa was a war. Maybe not a physical war but definetly a war. Game one started it off with Van Allen winning in OT but we came back winning three straight including the famous 1-0 win where Pando's goal never counted. Ottawa came back in game 5 with a new weapon being Jason Spezza who got a goal and an assist and back home for game 6. It went to OT where we dominated the first 5. Elias had a breakway and we got so many chances and then Hossa went down the wing and White with the bone head move came over and left Phillips all alon to wack it in. I was sick after that.

In game seven Arvedsson scored three minutes in and I bet every Devils fan was gettign scared but Langenbrunner knocked in two straight in the second. In the early third everyone knows about Friesen instead of dumping it in went for it and got it poked away setting up a 3 on 2 with Ottawa tying it from the point on a goal Marty should have had. Now the last 6 10 minutes had Gomez getting robbe din every way possible and then Ottawa took voer with Hossa having the chanc eof a lifetime and Marty robbed him and in the end it had Hossa getitng nailed and having his legs spread between the post. Then in the now fmaous goal Marshall between the legs right to Friesen to the forehand and the rest was history.

What a damn series.

I wish I had the 2000 game on tape but someone taped over it.

PM if you want a copy.

But yeah, that Ottawa series has to be one of, if not the best, in Devils history.... I didn't tape Game 7, but I posted on the electronic buy/sell at work that I was a Senators fan that didn't get to see the last game and I wanted to see how bad a game it was.... If I said I was a Devils fan there is no way anyone would have brought the tape in to me. :lol:

Well at least the DVD has period three. I went to game 1 and 5 of the series. Game one was my first Devils playoff game and even thought we lsot was the greatets hockey experience ever. In agame 5 I got pretty cocky and had a sign that said your 2003 Eastern Conference Championship. I wantyed to win that game so badly.

If I got tickets for game 7 I don;t know if I could have gone. I would have been wheeled out in a stretcher after I passed out late in the third.

Don't talk to me about tickets to Game 7. :argh: I had three people that I knew that had spare tickets.... and all of them were gone before I had a chance to nab them. I was at Games 1 and 2!!

Edited by Don Whiting

Don't talk to me about tickets to Game 7. :argh: I had three people that I knew that had spare tickets.... and all of them were gone before I had a chance to nab them. I was at Games 1 and 2!!

Will you stop reminding me about that ???

I was like packing the rental car to get up there for it.... :argh:

that would have almost been as cool as the other game 7 I DID see :D

it's so true when they say all three out different, kind of like kids. you don't like one more than the other. I will tell you why I love all of them :)

1995 - Of course it's the first. I was only 9, but hell I remember as if it were yesterday. Everything from the battles of Lemieux and Neely to that raping of Boston in games one and two. The debris on the ice closing the Garden. Fortunately I've been able to go to most games since I was little, so I remember McKay's OT as a highlight, right in front of my secion 123. Of course the goal off Albe and then Stevens come back the other way, losing the first game and then running the table against the Pens. the Flyers up and down in the first four games, and then Lemieux beauty. Who could forget the Wings. Total Underdogs..Nieder's off the boards, Jimmy Dowd

s GW, Lemieux in game one. Brodeur's "the stick save",Broten's rumble over vernon in the net in game four....I remember the shots from game 4 against Detroit 26-16. Cap it off with Mr. Brylin (how often people forget he even was on the team back then, let alone had a goal :) )

2000 - The last game of the season against Florida was a biggey. I remember that, of course the dominance in the first round. Stevens with a goal in Florida. The second round one could be summed up by game 6. 6 Shots for the Leafs. 3,2,1. Flyers.....enough said. Of course the Dallas series....the 7 goals, to Eddie and his Dimetapp, DANEYKO!!! A LEAP YEAR....of course the 3 OT in Game 5. Watching game 6 with my friend and Adam and jumping so high when Arnie got that goal. WOO. Of course my personal highlight was attending a private party with the cup in jersey that summer with one of the players. That was unbelievable.

2003 - Plain and Simply Unexpected. Who knew what was going to happen going into that season. So many new faces, so many people wrote the boys off after Bobby left. And just bam. Langer in the first round. Marty slamming it shut. Hackett and Shields folding. Fun. Second round, Tampa was young and gun. Who could forget Scotty's comeback, Marshy's OT goal and celebration. Fun. Ottawa. Enough Said....Anaheim...we all know.

These memories come flooding back to me.

McKay jumping on the glass getting the OT winner. Claude Lemieux shooting on the wing in Philadelphia. Niedermayer end to end rush in Detroit. Stevens getting the rebound in Pittsburgh and putting it in right after the Penguins score with about 30 seconds left in the game. Stevens leveling Kozlov then telling the whole Detroit bench "You're Next!" Peluso crying like a baby on the bench. The Devils having long stretches without allowing a shot on goal. It was something like 18 minutes in game 4 vs. Detroit,

I've been at both cup clinching games at home. The CAA was shaking more in 1995. People were jumping and down and hugging each other more (it seemed to me.),

Finally, one never forgets their 1st cup.

DITTO!