U.S. pounds, Canada rocks, Russia rolls

Elias Sports Bureau

Just in case you didn't return to the day-old thread, U.S. SEVEN, Ukraine 1.

Dunham lost the shutout with about 40 seconds left in the game.

Goal scorers:

Sloan, Malone, Park, Mara, Sloan again, Ballard, Green and Salnikov for the UKR.

Canada beat Switzerland 3-1; Luongo in goal

Heatley (from OUR Nieds), Brendan Morrison (sigh), Heatley again (grunt).

Russia rocked Japan 6-1; Podomatski in goal

Afinogenov, FORMER Brodeur killer Morozov, Skopintsev, Kovalchuk (from Zelepukin), Sushinskiy, Guskov.

I am adding to this thread. But this was yesterday's game:

Sweden defeated Russia 3-2 led by Ranger goalie prospect Henrik Lundqvist. He turned aside 24 of 26 shots as Sweden improved to 3-0-0 with with 3-2 win over Russia on Tuesday in Ostrava.

Wow, people are actually into this! I can barely sustain interest in the Stanley Cup playoffs with the Devils out.

Well, I grew up with this, so it is still interesting.

The problem is that NHL and the lower leagues take over younger and younger players.

You should have seen the tournamnet in the 80s and the early 90s :hail:

Me, I just like hockey. Hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey and hockey. That monkeys on skates comment I made earlier this week? That's me. (-:

My least favorite months of the year: July. August. NO HOCKEY.

I still watched Anson tuck in the goal for gold last year even though the Devils were right in the thick of things. I'm still not sure that actually crossed the line.

Me, I just like hockey. Hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey and hockey. That monkeys on skates comment I made earlier this week? That's me. (-:

My least favorite months of the year: July. August. NO HOCKEY.

I still watched Anson tuck in the goal for gold last year even though the Devils were right in the thick of things. I'm still not sure that actually crossed the line.

I watched that in School, I think it was lunch time when he scored

Russia is going to be really scary in the future.

Ovechkin

Kovalchuk

Frolov

Zherdev

Semin

Malkin

Chistov

Grigorenko

Perezhogin

Shishkanov

Suglobov

Svitov

That would be a really strong under 23 team :)

Thats just sick. Hopefully our Americans can keep up with Brown, Parise, Stuart, Suter etc.

Although I heard Chistov took major nosedive this year. Do you think he'll reach his full potential now?

Well one of the great things about the list you set up is that they all trained and lived together for some time. I think there's a lot to be said for that -- and their success at worlds certainly bears that out. It's something they'll always have to work off of.

BTW, MH, did you want to be the forum "keeper" of Zachy? Cause I've been saving him for ya.

Chistov was never a favorite of mine, I called him a bust at the draft. I don't think he is strong enough physically to survive in North America. He has plenty of talent though.

USA only has one strong group of players and that was last years draft with Parise, Brown, Eaves, O'Sullivan, Jessiman, Suter, Stuart, Kesler, Boyle, Richmond, Hennessy and Fritsche. Strongest american draft ever. This year is poor for USA. I'm not quite sure about the Crosby draft but 2006 may have Kessel go 1st overall.

Well one of the great things about the list you set up is that they all trained and lived together for some time. I think there's a lot to be said for that -- and their success at worlds certainly bears that out. It's something they'll always have to work off of.

BTW, MH, did you want to be the forum "keeper" of Zachy? Cause I've been saving him for ya.

That works for me I guess :evil:

I don't really know the details of being a keeper but I guess I can read up on that.