Official Game Day Thread - Wings at Flames Game 4

Satans Hockey

That was a ridiculously dirty play at the end there.

As far as suspension goes? It's possible considering the NHL's desire to protect the goalies at all expense this post-season... although I'd still be rather surprised if he got suspended for that.

Maybe it's 'cause I'm bitter that Bougher never received a suspension for his dirty antics int he final minutes of Colorado's 5-2 loss.

I think I woke up my apartment complex a few times tonight.

1] When Cujo gave up the 2nd goal

2] When Dandy scored to put the Wings up 3-2 and

3] When Niemienen, the SOB ran Cujo :angry:

The NHL better suspend Niemenen. The NHL has already taken a bad hit PR-wise. Suspend this ass for the ridiculous cheap play.

How does Detroit get no PPs in this entire game? The officiating tonight was a complete joke. Nice of the refs to swallow the whistles and "let them play." I also love how the interference on the faceoff wins prevented the Wings' centermen from getting to the point. It happened ALL NIGHT. Guys getting dragged down left and right, on the cycle, etc., etc. It was pathetic.

When things go against you, you simply win and beat the others at their own game.

Edited by FunkyBlueFish203

Great game tonight. Calgary has so much heart. They were dominated for portions and then just miraculously turned it on. They just don't know the word quit. The two goals they scored 18 seconds apart was a franchise postseason record. And both were off hardwork. What more would you expect. Loved the Nieminen goal. Wow. The roof might have come off had Donovan converted that two-on-one pass for a slam dunk. Biggest save of the game for Cujo there.

Detroit just used their depth to wear down the Flames. Remember, they were without three of their best D. Lots of hard work on every goal too.

And Iginla still almost tied it when he hit the post with a few minutes to go.

I just wonder if Calgary will have much left in the tank. I want to be wrong about this series. Cmon Flames! Show the true heart of a champion and take the pivotal Game Five!

i didnt' think niemenen's running the goalie was that bad.

Hah.

Niemenen's gutless move was totally ridiculous because the play was nowhere near Joseph. It was such a blatant cheapshot it's laughable. He skated right into the crease untouched and knocked Joseph down. No, it wasn't hard (thankfully), but it was still a gutless cheapshot. And a pathetically obvious one at that.

Niemenen's cheapshot is exactly the kind of stuff the league is trying to get rid of after the Bertuzzi incident. Coaches throwing out their goons to pick fights at the end of the game, running goalies, etc. I hope he gets a game suspension not because he tried to hurt Joseph, but because lame crap like that hurts the game of hockey.