Kitty News

SueNJ97

Ugh, Sue, I am so sorry! :( It's a very difficult decision that no matter how it might seem justified, you never really get over. I had to do the same with my Boomer when he had cancer. I had chemo for him but it came back within 3 months, disgusting. Sending comforting thoughts your way.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:(

I'm terribly sorry to hear that Sue. I can't imagine what I'll be like when I have to put down either of my two furballs. It's a horrible decision to have to make. You made the right choice - it isn't right to let the animal suffer for 10 months.

My mother is putting the finishing touches on her scrapbook about our family terrier, Kelly - who was kind enough to take her rickety old, arthritic, sickly body and run around in a thunder storm and got hit by lightning. We were close to having to make the decision too. I loved that dog - everyone in the family did - my mothers scrapbook is full of all the great stories about the dog. As long as you remember them and they love they gave.

Heck, I miss that dog more than my grandfather.... :huh:

Thanks to all for the wonderful thoughts.

I am discovering that mornings are very tough because he was the one that always came to greet me as soon as I woke up. Saturday was the last time he was here to do that. I knew this day would come, I just didn't think I would only have 7 years with Nicky.

And poor Manon is very upset, she and her brother wre very close, even in the last week as he got sicker he still groomed her. She sits at the top of the stairs where she can watch my bedroom and the downstairs, waiting for him. I talked to the vet and he said all I can do is give her extra attention and eventually she'll adjust.

Eric, of course, doesn't care at all. If Manon disappeared as well, he'd be just as happy.

I'm sorry too, Sue. :saddevil: You definitely made the right decision but it's sad that he was so young. I've got a 14 year old cat (Fathead). I worry every day that she might die on me but she's still kicking. Having a little harder time jumping up on the bed and she doesn't want anything to do with the dog and kids, but other than that, still feisty.