New Lines

msweet

Ironically, I think lines 3 and 4 are fine.

My picks from 4 - 1

Jimbo-Danton/Guolla-Turner (Sometimes scary defensively)

Pando-Madden-Lang (duh)

Brylin-Gomer-Gionta (mites on ice)

Elias-Newy-Friesen

I prefer Brylin and Gionta with Gomer. Brylin and Gomer have played very well together. And I really have never been a big fan of Elias and Gomer. Each has great vsision but they don't ever seem to be on the same page. Elias and NEwy have shown some chemistry. And I think Friesen will be better and RW?

I really like have a right hand shot and a lieft hand shot on Gomer's line.

I could also live with:

Brylin-Gomer-Friesen

Elias-Newy-Gionta

Can my mites on ice linbe survive?

Actually I like Todd Bertuzzi on Gomer's line best. :evil:

Well Gomer and Friesen have gotten it into their heads that they're the next big thing. So they'd probably be disgruntled over a breakup.

Nieuwy and Elias might be a good combo to get back. I'd like to have Berglund back and seriously "break him in" with them.

But here's the tough part, cause Gionta's gets short-shrifted (oops, pun not intended). Brylin would have to go to second line -- and since he can play with anyone that would work. Gionta would fit on the Maddenbrunner line, but obviously we don't wanna mess with that one at all.

Perhaps if either McKenzie or Stevenson sat a bit on the fourth line, Danton and Gionta would develop some chemistry and become a threat. That's tough too tho, cause McKenzie and Stevenson have been a force against other team's scorers. I'm specifically remembering the Atlanta game where Kovalchuk and Heatley just couldn't get their magic going.

I would keep their lines intact. Each is looking good. Why change? I've been saying for a while that Gomez was a potential #1 center. He's playing like it this year. Keep him with Elias and Freeze-en. They have good chemistry.

I would keep their lines intact. Each is looking good. Why change? I've been saying for a while that Gomez was a potential #1 center. He's playing like it this year. Keep him with Elias and Freeze-en. They have good chemistry.

Second.

I would just like to see Berglund get some playing time at some point, probably on the 2nd line in place of Gionta.

I think we have enough defensively responsible players that we can afford to trade Pando for some picks.

Yeah, we have defensively responsible players, but not many of the level of Pandolfo. He's not on the team to score often, he's on the team to play a gritty game and play tough defense -- which is exactly what he does.

And I'd be hesitant to break up our best line right now -- yes, that's the Jay Maddenbrunner line (thanks again for this lovely expression, dp).

Besides, Gionta is getting to be defensively responsible, but he couldn't replace Pandolfo, at least not yet. And Berglund's major flaw from last year was that his defensive skills were somewhat lacking. Inserting either onto the third line would not only break up the chemistry on that line (Madden and Pandolfo have proven chemistry defensively, and it looks like Madden and Langenbrunner are getting chemistry on the offensive end) but would get rid of our "shut-down" line.

I don't think the Pando-for-picks deal is a good one.

duh yourself, njay.

it's a discussion not an edict.

Although I think it was Hasan who said it best in another tread, too much time between games!!!

But all the best teams switch up their lines. Forsberg and Suckic... sometimes they're on the same line, sometimes not. Sometimes both in the same game. Fed, Shanny and Stevie get mixed up in Detroit. Vancouver's divvying up Naslund, Bertuzzi and Morrison.

It's also a Burns trademark and I think it could be a great spark for this team -- since many of the guys HAVE played with guys from other lines and there's chemistry there.