2015 New York Jets thread

NJDevs4978

I'll borrow a line from Benigno

Coaches change, general managers change, personell changes, philosophy changes...the results stay the same. The same old Jets will always exist. It is too ingrained into the Dna of this team

God I can't wait to hear that open tomorrow.  Imagine if they'd done this under Rex how badly Francesa would have eviscearated them.

Down five points with all your timeouts and you go for it on 4th and 2?  With THAT playcall?

KICK THE FVCKING FIELD GOAL!!!  Or at least throw a fvcking pass beyond the line of scrimmage on third and fourth down!

The Jets out-choke and out-fvck up Rex...I should have just gone to bed after the Devils game.  Disgusting :argh:

Jesus Rex act like you've been there before.  You're lucky to have won.

The Bills honestly did nothing to win this game really, nothing other than watch the Jets implode on national TV AGAIN.

And let's be honest even Rex as bad as he and his village idiot OC's were, they never fubared a game the way Bowles/Gailey did tonight.

Edited by NJDevs4978

The Bills showed up and were opportunistic. Basically that's all it took. They didn't turn the ball over, and they let the unseen hand take this game. I can't sit here and say the Jets truly deserved this game. Devin Smith, with everybody in the stadium telling him to take a knee, basically a hair away from being down...fumbles...and not only fumbles but it's a 6 point the other way fumble. Then another fumble by Ivory. 9 points just handed to Buffalo. Outright handed to them

And then at 12-3 they just came out limp and disinterested to start the half. Couldn't stop the bleeding

Rex's conservativeness got them back into the game (and maybe a sense of urgency) but ultimately, Chan Gailey as an OC morphs into Hackett, Decker morphs into Lam Jones and Stephen Hill. All of a sudden Ivory can't get 2 yards on 2nd and goal from the 2 after  a massive break got them that field position. It's just...the incalculable "only to the Jets, 1 in a 10000000 chance" things that happen over and over to us...happen again. It didn't matter what Buffalo did. They couldn't lose this game as hard as they tried.

What the hell was Gailey thinking with some of that playcalling. Start throwing the ball BEYOND the line of scrimmage

Afraid this is it. The Jets will now miss the playoffs. This game was outright DONE after the Devin Smith fumble. You just had a feeling.

Big chink in the armor of Bowles. I know it's early in his tenure but what has he proven so far? Just another j.a.g. coach, unable to change the culture of this franchise. If I had to put money on it I'd say he'll be a perpetual 8-8 kind of guy. Nothing impressive about him.

The Bills honestly did nothing to win this game really, nothing other than watch the Jets implode on national TV AGAIN.

And let's be honest even Rex as bad as he and his village idiot OC's were, they never fubared a game the way Bowles/Gailey did tonight.

They did actually. Miami in 2009 (twice), Falcons game in 2009, the Giants game in 2011, 2009 AFC title game. They definitely did. But it doesn't matter. The Jets can "out-Jets" Rex If need be. I doubt he will ever get the breaks and bounces again this season...but as of now, Rex has the last laugh.

They did actually. Miami in 2009 (twice), Falcons game in 2009, the Giants game in 2011, 2009 AFC title game. They definitely did. But it doesn't matter. The Jets can "out-Jets" Rex If need be. I doubt he will ever get the breaks and bounces again this season...but as of now, Rex has the last laugh.

Most of those games were one bad call or the team just not showing up, tonight was a whole smorgasboard of WTF were you thinking?! calls.  They accomplished the near-impossible...they didn't show up for the first 35 minutes and STILL found a way to fvck up the game at the end.  If this game was comparable to anything it was the Pittsburgh game although Rex didn't really screw that up in the second half.  They went for it on 4th down on the goalline and got stuffed but at least going to Tomlinson was the actual right playcall and they got the safety right after.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Most of those games were one bad call or the team just not showing up, tonight was a whole smorgasboard of WTF were you thinking?! calls.  They accomplished the near-impossible...they didn't show up for the first 35 minutes and STILL found a way to fvck up the game at the end.  If this game was comparable to anything it was the Pittsburgh game although Rex didn't really screw that up in the second half.  They went for it on 4th down on the goalline and got stuffed but at least going to Tomlinson was the actual right playcall and they got the safety right after.

Everything is out of their hands now. Division is long gone. Basically they need Pittsburgh to lose to Cleveland (not likely) and Oakland to lose to Minnesota (very possible). I think they still control their own destiny vs Pitt but can't let Oakland tie or get ahead of them

And I have to be honest, I would not hesitate pulling the plug on Bowles after year one if they SOJ their way through the season. I know it won't happen but I have no patience anymore. Gruden, Cowher. I would throw money around to get them here if I'm Woody. How much faith do you really have in Bowles/Gailey if a buffoon like Rex can essentially back into a victory here during this sh!tshow with Tyrod Taylor at QB. Are we ever beating Belichick with these guys? How about even Coughlin late in the year? It's just not happening

Hire slowly, fire quickly.

Edited by '7'

Bottom line is that the Jets now MUST at least win 2 of the next 3 games if not all of them to go 8-4. They can probably afford a loss the Giants to go 7-5...and of course they will as the Giants will likely pull out more pre-ordained miracles against us.

Miami will be tough, these season series against them are usually splits. And the Texans still have a shot in their division, so it's imperative that they lose this week in order to drop them down to 3-6 and demoralize them

Go Browns, Go Vikings.

I just have a feeling we'll beat the Texans, lose to Miami, and that Giants game will be the turning point.