2018 JETS

Beezer34

On 9/1/2018 at 8:44 AM, NJDevs4978 said:

Well the Khalil Mack fantasy can end

I could see the Jets drawing the line at two first rounders. You can build yourself a quality pass rush without spending that amount of money and draft capital towards one guy. That's what I think the Jets will do. The Jets are in a good spot right now regarding the picks they have and where there roster is. There are still upgades to be made and they have the cap space to do it in the 2019 offseason. They may yet trade for someone before the season officially kicks off. Possibly a lesser guy like Ray or Dante Fowler.

Edited by '7'

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

lol you've gotta be kidding me...pick six on his first pass.  Welcome to the NFL, kid.

Think Brett Favre's first pass was a Pick-6 too.  It happens.  

Look at the bright side...you're facing Puppet's D tonight.  He's made a lot of QBs look good through the years.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

3 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

A very good first quarter after that initial snafu although I still can't believe they called that third down play a catch, or rather upheld the call on the field.  Looked for sure like it was going to be one of those 'new NFL' non-catches.

Shades of Gronk's "catch" from yesterday.

And I'm sorry, this woman's voice is really hard on the ears.  Not TV-friendly at all.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Shades of Gronk's "catch" from yesterday.

And I'm sorry, this woman's voice is really hard on the ears.  Not TV-friendly at all.

Yeah this announcing crew's gotta go back to the CFL.  You could at least feign a little excitement or drama on a long punt return for a TD.  And they're completely unaware of little things like the whistle blowing the play dead.

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

CR1976 has gotta be loving this.  Vindication after many years.

lol I don't think he's loving it THAT much since it's looking like a big Jet win, but yeah Detroit doesn't exactly look ready to play football.

Holy hell this does have a bit of a feel like the Jets-Seattle opener in Parcells' debut or even Carroll taking the Jets up to Buffalo and whipping the Bills, like there really may be a new day dawning (albeit briefly under Carroll).

Edited by NJDevs4978

6 minutes ago, Daniel said:

CR1976 has gotta be loving this.  Vindication after many years.

It's one game, but I thought Puppet was going to be an absolute disaster as a HC...he was barely a coordinator.  He is going to be exposed badly on his own.  

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

It's one game, but I thought Puppet was going to be an absolute disaster as a HC...he was barely a coordinator.  He is going to be exposed badly on his own.  

And they just said on the broadcast the Lions' next two home games are against Brady and Rodgers (assuming he's healthy by then), lordy.

The irony is the Lions are one of the few teams with a checkered enough history even Jet fans actually can feel sorry for overall :P

Edited by NJDevs4978

Brady is going to have a big day for sure.  Can't see how he doesn't.

2 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Benigno's gonna be on cloud nine tomorrow lol, got his radio spot back today and now this Jet win.

Did they determine that his accuser was full of it?  

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Did they determine that his accuser was full of it?  

Not really sure, they obviously didn't comment with specifics on the air and I didn't find much in the Post article.  You'd have to assume at worst there was a settlement but who knows.

Edited by NJDevs4978

9 hours ago, '7' said:

Still not quite understanding what I just saw.

Jets may have put up 60 if they didn't take their foot off the gas. Dear lord our secondary tore apart Detroit. This is WITHOUT Maye

Not taking a thing away from the Jets...the kid QB bounced back to have a plenty respectable game after the first-pass pick-6, and some guys would definitely have a problem overcoming that.  And the Jets did what they had to in pouncing on a woefully unprepared team, and not letting up until the game was well out of hand.  They clearly showed up to play. 

But I think this game said more about the state of Puppet's Lions more than anything else.  Apparently they were not only sloppy throughout much of the preseason, but supposedly Puppet was already rubbing players the wrong way when their minicamps started. 

As bad as I thought he was going to be, I think he's actually going to be WORSE...like Kotite worse.  And like Has already pointed out, the Lions' schedule is not terribly forgiving. 

32 minutes ago, '7' said:

Don't like the Jets yapping and gloating that they knew the Lions signals and plays. It certainly looked like they did after the half, but just be quiet about it and move on. 

Yeah, act like you've been there before...Bowles needs to tell them to cool it.  They had a big Week 1 a while back with Sanchez as the QB too. 

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Not taking a thing away from the Jets...the kid QB bounced back to have a plenty respectable game after the first-pass pick-6, and some guys would definitely have a problem overcoming that.  And the Jets did what they had to in pouncing on a woefully unprepared team, and not letting up until the game was well out of hand.  They clearly showed up to play. 

But I think this game said more about the state of Puppet's Lions more than anything else.  Apparently they were not only sloppy throughout much of the preseason, but supposedly Puppet was already rubbing players the wrong way when their minicamps started. 

As bad as I thought he was going to be, I think he's actually going to be WORSE...like Kotite worse.  And like Has already pointed out, the Lions' schedule is not terribly forgiving. 

I saw somebody who was beleaguered and confused in Patricia. No adjustment made at all. The Lions outright died on the field. That's a very bad sign that players apparently are not buying in early, because even with bad coaches or borderline weird guys (like Mangini) usually year one you have players buy in and try to toe the line. 

21 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah, act like you've been there before...Bowles needs to tell them to cool it.  They had a big Week 1 a while back with Sanchez as the QB too. 

That's the thing with Bowles. They go too off the rails all the time. He looks like a hardcore no nonsense disciplinarian. It has never reflected on the field not for a second. From minor disturbances, to off-season arrests, to outright split locker rooms with the Richardson faction and the Marshall faction. We're never quite mature enough. Even in an impressive win the only place you see full maturity is from our QB who's still in diapers (in NFL years)

Edited by '7'

54 minutes ago, '7' said:

Don't like the Jets yapping and gloating that they knew the Lions signals and plays. It certainly looked like they did after the half, but just be quiet about it and move on. 

Eh doesn’t really bother me considering we’re not playing them for four more years, hell might as well clue them into the fact they’re giving away sh!t before they play the other AFC East teams lol

1 minute ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Eh doesn’t really bother me considering we’re not playing them for four more years, hell might as well clue them into the fact they’re giving away sh!t before they play the other AFC East teams lol

ha. good point!