GDT: 11/27/17 Florida @ NJ Devils

CommonDreads

Wow I'd really forgotten how bad they really were after that 9-3-3 start...though a lot of that awfulness was down the stretch...they were 25-23-10 before the wheels completely came off.  They went an insanely bad 3-17-4 the rest of the way. 

7 hours ago, LittleBallofHate said:

Always nice to hear - from Dan Rosen's Mailbag: 

Are the New Jersey Devils contenders or pretenders? -- @denniswilkins27

Contenders.

Two weeks ago, when the Devils were about to start a run of playing seven games in 12 days in five cities, including four on the road, I wondered what we'd learn about them, how they would fare, and if that would be the point when their season started to turn in the other direction. That's what happened last season at the same time. The Devils started 8-3-3 and went west to play at the Stars, Ducks, Kings and Sharks. They defeated Dallas in overtime but lost in regulation in Anaheim, Los Angeles and San Jose. They were never the same. They went 19-37-11 after starting 9-3-3. But the Devils seemed to handle the tough stretch this season. They were 3-2-2 in that stretch of seven games in 12 days to improve to 14-6-4. They looked tired in the first two periods against the Panthers on Monday but battled back in the third and nearly got the game to overtime before losing 3-2. I think they legitimized themselves in the past two weeks. I think they're for real.

https://www.nhl.com/news/dan-rosen-over-the-boards-mailbag-november-29/c-293452064

After these next two, the 20 game schedule coming up will dictate if we play hockey or golf...Hynes is riding these guys hard, we will see if they can keep up this pace of play... or if we are playing over our heads with effort.

• Like 1