2019 New York J-E-T-S Thread

NJDevs4978

Gase is going to be the Jets coach for a while.  I've mentioned it before, but my friend who does play-by-play for the CBS games told me that he has a ton of charisma when he's one on one with you, and that this probably is amplified when it comes to how he deals with weak-willed owners like the Johnson brothers.  Apparently Ross wanted to keep Gase even how badly things went but Gase pretty much fired himself because he didn't want to be a part of the tank. 

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Gase is going to be the Jets coach for a while.  I've mentioned it before, but my friend who does play-by-play for the CBS games told me that he has a ton of charisma when he's one on one with you, and that this probably is amplified when it comes to how he deals with weak-willed owners like the Johnson brothers.  Apparently Ross wanted to keep Gase even how badly things went but Gase pretty much fired himself because he didn't want to be a part of the tank. 

And he's buddies with Joe Douglas.

Does Douglas even have the authority, if he needs to make a hard decision...to fire Gase? Frankly I have no idea. Maybe not. But yea as bad as it's looked 5 out of 6 games he's not being fired this year. And he's probably getting all of next year too.

Gase is a strange bird. 

7 hours ago, '7' said:

And he's buddies with Joe Douglas.

Does Douglas even have the authority, if he needs to make a hard decision...to fire Gase? Frankly I have no idea. Maybe not. But yea as bad as it's looked 5 out of 6 games he's not being fired this year. And he's probably getting all of next year too.

Gase is a strange bird. 

He’s definitely a strange bird. We had him for three years, and if there is anything I can tell you about the guy (besides the fact that he’s a sh!tty football coach) is that he absolutely marches to the beat of a different drummer. 

17 hours ago, Daniel said:

Given he got to pick his own GM I already figured on Gase being here bare minimum through the end of next year.  After that it probably depends on the record and how Douglas views him at that point.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Darnold is now in front of a historically bad offensive line. As soon as the snap is taken Darnold has to run immediately. They've quit. Most of the team has quit

You look at Gase and that blitzing retard as D coordinator. It's gotten to the point where they are causing harm, causing damage to the Jets players. Gase is hurting Darnold. Williams is hurting the development of the D. They both need immediate removal

I don't know what to make of Darnold anymore...he had no chance 95% of the game with this joke of an o-line but the two turnovers he had, were on two of the few plays where nobody was in his face.

I wish they would blow the whole coaching staff out of the water but I don't think anything short of 2-14 or 1-15 will get Gase out considering he hired the GM.  Gregg Williams OTOH could be a one-and-done considering he's a threat to Gase lol. 

It's too early to know if the GM's gonna be any good but the way they're handling this Osemele situation is another stupid add-on, it's a Met-like fiasco with bad PR and bad medical advice.

Edited by NJDevs4978

That is a great point actually. The first INT was moronic and really changed the flow of the game which never really swung back. The 2nd pick we were backed up and he just lofts it out there stupidly. Perhaps just playing conservative and for the punt would've been the smart decision there. I don't know. He has the worst line in football. He's shellshocked dealing with a toe and hand injury now. He's getting brutalized.

But his decision making is very very questionable. But the defense under Gregg Williams is an abomination.

Edited by '7'

The other thing that's going to suck is if you give the Jets the benefit of the doubt even slightly and say they beat Miami once, the Bengals and the Redskins (or Miami twice and lose to one of the other ones) and go 4-12 again that'll probably only get us like the eighth pick.

And the third dumb interception of the day, we've pretty much Sanchized the kid already.

Edited by NJDevs4978

1 hour ago, NJDevs4978 said:

The other thing that's going to suck is if you give the Jets the benefit of the doubt even slightly and say they beat Miami once, the Bengals and the Redskins (or Miami twice and lose to one of the other ones) and go 4-12 again that'll probably only get us like the eighth pick.

And the third dumb interception of the day, we've pretty much Sanchized the kid already.

I don't understand that throw at all. He's just throwing everything up and hoping for the best. I've seen more from him than I've ever seen from Sanchez, but that doesn't mean Darnold can't end up a disaster too. Look at how quickly and easily teams get good performances out of there QB's. Minshew is a pro. Tannehill looked great. And what the hell are we doing. Daniel Jones is far from perfect and taking some lumps. He's miles ahead of Darnold now

Maybe they'll beat Miami once. Fully expect the Dolphins to beat the Jets in one of those games too. 2-14 seems certain.

Edited by '7'

Jets trade the lazy worthless Leonard Williams to the Giants for a 3rd and 5th. First off we should've dealt his ass a year earlier the return would be better...this return is...fine. Though there were Jets fans who saw the signs and wanted him gone 2 years ago. That was the time

But the Giants want him why exactly? He's a UFA, their season is dead and they're dealing 3rd rounders for him (and throwing in 5ths??) And what exactly will he do there? Just switch to blue and loaf on. They need picks as much as we do

Edited by '7'

19 minutes ago, '7' said:

Jets trade the lazy worthless Leonard Williams to the Giants for a 3rd and 5th. First off we should've dealt his ass a year earlier the return would be better...this return is...fine. Though there were Jets fans who saw the signs and wanted him gone 2 years ago. That was the time

But the Giants want him why exactly? He's a UFA, their season is dead and they're dealing 3rd rounders for him (and throwing in 5ths??) And what exactly will he do there? Just switch to blue and loaf on. They need picks as much as we do

I remember when some people thought he was the best player in the draft.

Edited by Daniel

If the Dolphins play like that vs us as they did vs Pitt...we lose. Pitt has enough heart to fight back (and get the calls) they need to crawl back into a game like that. We wouldn't. 

We have yet to see rock bottom for the Jets

20 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Seemingly they want him cause they think they can sign him and he’ll be a viable part of their D lol. I don’t think they’re deluded enough to think they can make some miracle run to the playoffs at 2-6 :P

Certainly not. But I'm astounded that anybody thinks he can be a viable part of anything. 

Rumors of the Jets trying to move Bell before the deadline. Makes sense. When you need so much help elsewhere you don't need a luxury back. Bell has been totally wasted here. Send him packing for the best possible offer you can get

Edited by '7'

57 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Well maybe Gase is on a hot seat after all, the owner doesn’t seem too happy here

https://www.nj.com/jets/2019/10/christopher-johnson-sounds-sick-of-jets-too.html

God willing. A 1 and done cut your losses season is what is needed. It's happened before plenty of times with plenty of other teams. Of course the most recent time the Jets did it it was a big mistake that made no sense (out with Carroll, in with Kotite)

Just have a bad feeling he'll begrudgingly stick with Gase another year. No clue where Joe Douglas is on this and what he's saying to Johnson and to Gase.

Edited by '7'

Now there is talk of Jamal Adams to Dallas. That would be a bombshell and the return would have to be great

Of course I'd do it. Adam is a good player but I've seen him for 2 1/2 years and he never makes the big play. And his emotions get the best of him too often. Far often been a part of a secondary that gags things up in a big spot. Could he bring down that easy INT in the 1st vs Jax? No. Did he whiff on Minshew...of course he did. That's what Adams is. A good player. Will never come up with a big game changing play for you

He never has

2 hours ago, '7' said:

Rumors of the Jets trying to move Bell before the deadline. Makes sense. When you need so much help elsewhere you don't need a luxury back. Bell has been totally wasted here. Send him packing for the best possible offer you can get

Probably explains why he didn’t talk to the media yesterday. I’m all for moving him at this point cause he’s just going to waste here but what are you really getting for him? His numbers aren’t great cause of this line and we paid him more than other teams wanted to.

As far as Jamal, maybe he’s not as good as he thinks he is but he is a solid player, not a FA and they’d be doing him a favor moving him to Dallas. They’d better get at least a 1 for him and a mid-low 1 is eh. 

10 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Probably explains why he didn’t talk to the media yesterday. I’m all for moving him at this point cause he’s just going to waste here but what are you really getting for him? His numbers aren’t great cause of this line and we paid him more than other teams wanted to.

As far as Jamal, maybe he’s not as good as he thinks he is but he is a solid player, not a FA and they’d be doing him a favor moving him to Dallas. They’d better get at least a 1 for him and a mid-low 1 is eh. 

It wouldn't shock me if he privately asked for a trade

It would have to be maybe a 1 and a 2 and perhaps a position player from somewhere on Dallas. Maybe they have a good offensive line backup that could start with us. Someone like that. Wouldn't do it for just a 1

Curious what happens to Robby Anderson. The Bell/Adams talk seems like it's not imminent stuff but Robby Anderson probably should be traded

Also apparently there is a 2nd team in on Adams. Possibly, or it's possible the Jets put it out there to make Dallas think they are bidding against someone. We'll see. But I would want nothing less than a 1 and a 3. With a 1/2 being ideal. 

I've heard Lions as the potential other team

Edited by '7'