Who do you put in Expanded Ring of Honor?

Rock

The gist of the reviews that I read is re:  the Grammy museum is that what's there is nice, but it's overpriced for what's offered.

Yeah would be curious to know how profitable it actually is; I've never had any interest in going myself.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

I'm not saying it would and that's not the idea anyway, the main idea would be a place to honor the past of the Devils and raise some money for charity. They won't ever do it even if the Grammy place goes away so it's a moot point either way lol

Does this Grammy place actually make any money though? I'd assume so since it's still open but since it opened in 2017 it has a whopping 6 reviews on yelp and 18 on trip advisor. Would love to know how much they actually make on this place since tickets are $7-10. Overhead cost of keeping it open and paying probably 3 people minimum wage probably keeps it profitable. Also no clue if the Grammy owners pay the building x amount to just rent the place. 

Grammy Museum Experience Prudential Center

https://www.yelp.com/biz/grammy-museum-experience-prudential-center-newark?utm_source=ashare&ref=yelp-android

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g46671-d12951058-Reviews-Grammy_Museum_Experience_Prudential_Center-Newark_New_Jersey.html

With a fanbase that is notoriously cheap and is accustomed to under $10 tickets for most weekday non-rival games, I would expect charging even a dollar or two for fans to visit a Devils museum would be met with an uproar and low attendance.

47 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

With a fanbase that is notoriously cheap and is accustomed to under $10 tickets for most weekday non-rival games, I would expect charging even a dollar or two for fans to visit a Devils museum would be met with an uproar and low attendance.

I know you kinda hate the fanbase (I definitely don't love the "mutant" portion that we've discussed previously), but ya really think they'd throw that much of a sh!tfit over a buck or two to check out a Devils museum/Ring of Honor?  Man I hope not...a buck or two in today's economy is really damned near nothing, especially when compared to a lot of the concession prices.  If what almost amounts to loose change would help the museum stay current and make it profitable, I'd happily pay that multiple times myself.  

That being said, it's free to go to the Mets museum, as long as you have a ticket for a game.  Do the Rangers have anything like a team museum in the World's Most Overrated Arena? 

If the Devils were able to do something about on par with this (with the Ring of Honor inductees getting their own little spots), I'd definitely check it out more than once:

Mets Hall of Fame & Museum | New York Mets (mlb.com)

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

14 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I know you kinda hate the fanbase (I definitely don't love the "mutant" portion that we've discussed previously), but ya really think they'd throw that much of a sh!tfit over a buck or two to check out a Devils museum/Ring of Honor?  Man I hope not...a buck or two in today's economy is really damned near nothing, especially when compared to a lot of the concession prices.  If what almost amounts to loose change would help the museum stay current and make it profitable, I'd happily pay that multiple times myself.  

That being said, it's free to go to the Mets museum, as long as you have a ticket for a game.  Do the Rangers have anything like a team museum in the World's Most Overrated Arena?  

In my experience after selling all kinds of memorabilia to this fanbase, yes they absolutely would.

Devils currently have a small display in the upper concourse with some Devils stuff.  I hardly see anyone stop and look at the items in there.

7 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

In my experience after selling all kinds of memorabilia to this fanbase, yes they absolutely would.

Devils currently have a small display in the upper concourse with some Devils stuff.  I hardly see anyone stop and look at the items in there.

Well that's just it...it's a small display that hasn't been updated or refreshed.  A proper museum might get more attention...though I'll definitely give you that the more casual fans in attendance any given night probably won't give it much thought.  Would still love to see it happen...there's enough history there (going all the way back to the Scouts of course) for it to be a compelling place to check out...even if I gotta pay a little pocket change each time.