2022 New York J-E-T-S Thread

NJDevs4978

7 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

LOL Jets got what they deserved going for a big name kicker instead of just keeping the guy who was actually solid last year.

Another half of this and I’m gonna want to see White in the next couple games.

White has to play. At least he has mobility. Flacco has taken sacks he had no business taking. Looking like a sad old man collapsing like a sack of potatoes

It's not going to happen with Saleh. A lot of what is happening now is the same as last year. This is a game we should be competitive in but it is more of the same

I dont see much of a purpose in letting him finish the season as all they have done with this staff is underachieve, not be prepared, and embarrass themselves, so the sooner you get them away from the Jets young players the better

Maybe fire Saleh around week 3 or 4. But I mean it's clear now he stinks and has no clue. What's the point in hindering the development of young guys who have talent?

58 minutes ago, '7' said:

It's not going to happen with Saleh. A lot of what is happening now is the same as last year. This is a game we should be competitive in but it is more of the same

I dont see much of a purpose in letting him finish the season as all they have done with this staff is underachieve, not be prepared, and embarrass themselves, so the sooner you get them away from the Jets young players the better

Maybe fire Saleh around week 3 or 4. But I mean it's clear now he stinks and has no clue. What's the point in hindering the development of young guys who have talent?

Someone compared Saleh to Luis Rojas on another board (personable, inexperienced manager over his head in the big city), hot damn that looks depressingly true

It's over for Saleh. Him and the whole staff need to be swept out the door this week. I mean they are totally clueless and outcoached pretty much every game. This one they looked kind of in for a while but it was all an illusion

The team has better talent than last year but they really have the worst and most not ready for prime time coaches in the game. Just fire them already. What is the point of having them hurt this team even more. Where was the pass rush today? Where was the defense AT ALL? Totally schooled by the Browns. I thought D was his specialty and Brisset looked like Dan Marino out there

What more do you need to see Woody. Saleh was a bad hire

whatever i'll just let this stand as a tribute to my lack of faith

Edited by '7'

Even though I still didn't think the Jets were going to win after this play, my mind did flash for a moment after Corey Davis's TD to Flacco's miracle bomb in Denver.  It was basically the same type of situation, giving up an easy bomb when all you have to do is defend the easy bomb.

The only quasi-downer is the Ravens somehow buttfvcked THEMselves out of a sure win against the Fish up 35-14 in the 4th, giving up 6 TD's to Tua lol

Edited by NJDevs4978

Even AFTER I tuned back in to see the Wilson TD...nowadays with these kickers hitting 60+ yarders in their sleep it didn't seem over. But finally Brisset played like Brisset throwing an awful pick, to Ashtyn Davis of all people

There's a lot to clean up especially defensively. That was a disappointing effort. Offensively however it is encouraging and fun to see that we finally have playmakers at WR and RB. Guys that have the talent level to make the plays we saw yesterday and completely change the complexion of a game

And the D shouldn't be THIS bad. No excuses, the talent level is there to be competent and they're not. This is on the poor coaching staff that they're this clueless and this undisciplined

They had a miracle win last week...but that doesn't change anything. Doesn't make Saleh and his clueless assistants suddenly good coaches

Zach Wilson ain't pulling the season out of the fire either. I'd be pleasantly surprised if he plays well, but I think we're definitely going to have a new, veteran coaching staff for 2023. Saleh, Ulbrich, Lafleur...they're just bad. The team is not playing up to its potential, theyre unprepared, and undisciplined. 

Only the Jets could be up four on the road at halftime and make you feel like you're behind by ten.  Again, when the fvck does Carl Lawson start earning his money?  And I know Zach had next to no preseason but come on dude, we can't be regressing to rookie season level now.

Completely emotionally spent and speechless. AGAIN. they did it again somehow. Not the same as Cleveland but holy sh!t. Two MIRACLES. absolute miracles that we never get. 

The Jets will win games like this...once every 8 years or so it seems. Unreal

And yes a lot of awful stuff to clean up. Their play going into, and coming out of the half was so sloppy, stupid...just lack of awareness of situational football. At 10-0 I was impressed with them, but then the SOJ surfaced...and then the Kardiac Kids appeared.

Wow this went from same old sh!t for fifty plus minutes to...holy sh!t

And yeah Saleh's D has got to be better, they have to be more disciplined, but besides actual competitiveness the goal this season is to see Zach do well.  And after a really rusty start he manned up down the stretch.  It'd be nice to see our other team man up like that lol

On 10/2/2022 at 4:32 PM, NJDevs4978 said:

Wow this went from same old sh!t for fifty plus minutes to...holy sh!t

And yeah Saleh's D has got to be better, they have to be more disciplined, but besides actual competitiveness the goal this season is to see Zach do well.  And after a really rusty start he manned up down the stretch.  It'd be nice to see our other team man up like that lol

A big plus was secondary play last Sunday. All the miscommunications and blown assignments seem to have been ironed out. Joyner had himself a great game out of nowhere and Reed/Sauce continue to be good

Some issues remain with Zach. Dumb play in certain situations (end of the half) where you just take the 3, go up 2 scores and get the ball back after the half. As well as accuracy on short passes. But no way, no way in hell does a Sam Darnold ever go into Pitt and rally them back from multiple scores in the 4th

Weird one so far. Jets safety. They're not able to run the ball and the usual offensive line problems persist. Miami gave us 30 free yards due to some facemasks...naturally the Jets couldn't score a TD and settled for 3

Bridgewater out. Jets really not doing as good a job as they should in taking advantage of things. Offense is sputtering and they've kinda gotten lucky