2022 New York Mets season thread

NJDevs4978

you just cannot have yellow spined guys like Walker and Carrasco pitch big games. Too gutless. Theyre fine when nothing is really on the line. When the tension really mounts...they, and the rest of the Mets wilt. Now they have to play wild card games just to get to the playoffs, and endure the same ol Mets collapse rhetoric. Because they did just that. collapse

Edited by '7'

Walker and Carrasco are losers.  Don’t care how respectable their numbers are.  I don’t trust either one in a big spot.

I’m sorry Buck, Walker had no business pitching the 6th, especially after walking the leadoff man.  Especially after the way the 5th went.

Not sure what will happen with the Braves series...but if we get some extra rest going into it, then you really have to push Scherzer and deGrom in their games. 120 pitches if you must. And they absolutely have to be at their best. 7-8 innings. 1 run maximum. Because winning anything other than 2 of 3 is not acceptable

5 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Hard for me to completely kill the pitcher when the offense has two dink hits in five innings, it’d be nice to see them hit better than a group of old timers

yea you have a point. The pressure got to them. This is just not the team we thought they were

You get swept at home against the Cubs and Marlins…you don’t deserve to win the division.

We’ll see what happens against the Braves.  At least the Loser Twins aren’t pitching.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Hard for me to completely kill the pitcher when the offense has two dink hits in five innings, it’d be nice to see them hit better than a group of old timers

Buck should‘ve been happy Walker didn’t implode in the fifth and called it a night for him.  But yeah would be nice if these guys did more than bully up and pile up meaningless runs in blowout games.

And because Atlanta isn’t made up of a bunch of softies, they tie the game up in the top of the 8th.  

Buck why is Vientos hitting in that spot?  Guy hasn’t exactly shown a whole hell of a lot up here.