Joe Sakic . . . mr. optimist not to optimistic

COdevsfan

Sakic was just on the news talking about a charity event and the sports reporter asked him about the CBA talks. Although Joe started by saying he's optimistic that the season will start . . . . realistically he thinks the best chance is for it to begin in January. He also said he hopes the season isn't postponed longer than that because even that will hurt the sport.

My comment - Joe is always optimistic when talking on the news and this time although he seemed like at first he was trying to be optimistic. He stared by stating that the season has a chance to start on time but then quickly turned January into his realistic prediction. When pressed he said he hopes its not longer because the sport would be in trouble . . . . I wasn't too convinced that he thought it would even start in January. Grrrr. . . . why can't the two sides just get it done!!! No one benefits from a lockout!

Sakic is usually straight up when he is questioned about anything.

So it looks like it will be Jan...... :(

Sakic was just on the news talking about a charity event and the sports reporter asked him about the CBA talks. Although Joe started by saying he's optimistic that the season will start . . . . realistically he thinks the best chance is for it to begin in January.

January again. I keep hearing that over and over.

From the players, that is.

Sounds like they've already telegraphed their breaking point.

January would be dandy...we're pretty damn good in 48-game seasons.

Anyone have Pepe's number?

<JESTER>

Yep, it looks like January. Why not just solve it now then?

ESB, check out Rodent's latest rant for an opinion on that...

www.hockeyrodent.com

Essentially, he thinks that until Bettman is offered up as a sacrificial lamb and anywhere from 3-6 franchises fold, this thing isn't going to get resolved.

And it will take a while to get to the point where the owners remove Bettman and enough franchises are weak enough to go under.

Yep, it looks like January. Why not just solve it now then?

I agree totally with your post.....what the problem Joe, you want an extended vacation or something? :unsure:

Well you guys if the NHL does not start untill Janurary you guys could always come to Albany to watch hockey.

Any kind of delay or God forbid a complete lock out of the whole season is going to kill the sport. Not sure if it's true but some guys at work said hockey is ranked below arena football and women's basketball? :blink: Ugh, say it ain't so.

If there were jokes about Devils' attendance before then this should top it. :saddevil:

Any kind of delay or God forbid a complete lock out of the whole season is going to kill the sport. Not sure if it's true but some guys at work said hockey is ranked below arena football and women's basketball? :blink: Ugh, say it ain't so.

If there were jokes about Devils' attendance before then this should top it. :saddevil:

In terms of television ratings it is below Arena Football and Women's Basketball, Zam.

Now, I don't think they were talking about attendance. I think it does outdraw Women's Basketball. In some cities, it outdraws the NBA, that is actually documented. Don't know anything about Arena Football attendance.

www.hockeyrodent.com

Essentially, he thinks that until Bettman is offered up as a sacrificial lamb and anywhere from 3-6 franchises fold, this thing isn't going to get resolved.

And it will take a while to get to the point where the owners remove Bettman and enough franchises are weak enough to go under.

Do you think there's any chance Goodenow will be offered up. I hope Bettman pulls it off. He'll be a hero atleast to the fans & owners. They had to get a dick to do this cause they (owners) didnt have the cujones.

I look @ Goodenow being the villain, I hope he fails.

www.hockeyrodent.com

Do you think there's any chance Goodenow will be offered up. I hope Bettman pulls it off. He'll be a hero atleast to the fans & owners. They had to get a dick to do this cause they (owners) didnt have the cujones.

I look @ Goodenow being the villain, I hope he fails.

Which is no accident... you cant get fans to feel sorry for players limiting there salaries from 10-11 million down to 6... POOR PLAYERS!!!

Not to mention; the NHL has been spinning this for a while....

Personally, I'd like to see both of them go. I don't think either one of them gives a damn about the fans. But, if you think about it, neither one of them was hired to care about the fans. And that's the truly sad thing.

good point. It is like there is no urgancy to get this thing sloved.

Don't these people realize that I will go insane without this sport to obessively follow this year? :blink: