Pet Peeves

ciyenne

with the air conditioner thing.  I can not even feel the AC in my bedroom unless I keep the door open.  I have to keep a fan on at the highest speed right next to me.  in the summer its hot as hell but it feels more comfortable when its a little cooler.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I cleaned out the duct and it works a little. My apartment is so quirky. If it's 70, it takes five days for the house to be 70. But if it's 80, the house is 80 RIGHT AWAY.

My main pet peeve is with the people at my school and their walking. Either they just stop randomly in the middle of the hallway or they walk REALLY slow and take up all the available room so I can't go by them. The freshmen are the worst. Sometimes I have to go into their wing right as almost all of them are tying to get to lunch. The other day I was doing that and as I was about to get into my class, some girl stops right in front of me, as the late bell is ringing, so she can give her friend a high five. :rolleyes: They'll probably learn not to do that the hard way.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow, that's a trip back to high school. I know exactly what you mean. What's worse is my high school had construction going on all over so we only had half the stairwells with the same amount of students, and it was four stories high.

so far EVERY DAY of freaking school except ONE day. at least one freaking prick has to wear one fvcking led zeppelin shirt. god dammit. there are so many people wearing these shirts of crappy bands god damn its so annoying. every day. except one day one freaking day!?!?!?!?!?!? ugh. wear the band of a good shirt. one of these days i'm gonna wear my "led zeppelin sux" shirt

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bands don't suck. Music is subjective. This is another pet peeve of mine. What right do you have to say that a band sucks if people like them? Just don't listen to them. Why is it so important that you need to buy a shirt saying you don't like them?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sheeps i totally agree with you on the left lane lock thing. its so frustrating, get out of the bloody left unless your passing someone!!! i on the other hand have no problem what so ever passing people on the right. but when two cars are doing the same speed in both lanes i get mad, if you want to drive at the speed limit or below, more power to you, just dont make that choice for other people

sheeps i totally agree with you on the left lane lock thing. its so frustrating, get out of the bloody left unless your passing someone!!! i on the other hand have no problem what so ever passing people on the right. but when two cars are doing the same speed in both lanes i get mad, if you want to drive at the speed limit or below, more power to you, just dont make that choice for other people

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh, I will pass on the right readily, but would rather not is all. My point is you shouldn't need to pass on the right.

If only people could keep the phrase "Keep right, pass left" enshrined in their heads while driving...

No matter how much you sterilize a hospital, germs spread - and fast. We watched a science video about how many germs get into our body every day and it was DISGUSTING. Did you know how many insects and spiders we actually INGEST while sleeping? GROSS.

But yeah. Germs can spread through the air, and up to this point we can pretty much only sterilize what we can physically touch. I wonder if air purifiers would do anything...

Antibiotic resistant bacteria. There's pretty much nothing you can do about it - even if everyone is as sterile as can be something is bound to sneak in once in a while.

You read about that woman in her 60s too? ... she went in for a standard hernia operation and got a nice antibiotic resistant bacterial infection -- finally they had to over medicate her intentionally into a coma to halt the excrutiating pain of her body being eaten away by this stuff. Nice huh?

Edited by Pepperkorn

I hate when someone u dont know asks u something sorta personal.. even if its dumb...

tonight me and my bf went to taco bell and he ordered and paid for him.. and she forgot to give him his cup.. so when i ordered and paid he took my cup and so i asked her for another cup and she goes.. u only ordered one.. and i said.. i know but u didnt give him one so he took mine.. and she goes IS THAT YOUR BOYFRIEND??? in the wierdest tone ever.. i dont even know why she would say it in tyhe first place.. but the tone was like so snotty... wtf does it matter if he is my bf, my brother, or jsut some guy in front of me in line that grabbed my cup. GRRRRRRRRRRR

OK well then I might as well continue to say I can't STAND it when people delve into co-workers medical problems in detail and the watercooler -- tongue clucking and sad faces... you can tell they're just loving every morbid minute of it...  I HATE detailed accounts of sickness and ailments and death.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I guess you're probably just hating my medical update thread... :(

I hate when someone u dont know asks u something sorta personal.. even if its dumb...

tonight me and my bf went to taco bell and he ordered and paid for him.. and she forgot to give him his cup.. so when i ordered and paid he took my cup and so i asked her for another cup and she goes.. u only ordered one.. and i said.. i know but u didnt give him one so he took mine.. and she goes

That was very rude of her RD... i remember my friends mom got remarried when we were 17 and had a baby when we were 18.. so me and my friend would go to the mall with her baby sister or wherever.. just to get out of the hosue and let her mom have alone time.. and people would stare at my friend pushing the carriage.. u could tell tthey thought it was a young mother..and we had many people ask.. is that your daughter.. and u could tell most of them were prying.. not really caring. Its sad...

i mean in all honesty i will judge to myself sometimes .. i will see someone trampy lookin with a kid and make a comment to whoever i am with.. but more like.. i wonder.. not oh my god that tramp lol

You're right when you say that people can freely choose to listen to whatever music they desire, but there's absolutely no denying that some bands or artists are more technically proficient than others. Songwriting, the actual song structure, instrumentation (diversity), can all factor into this.

People are kidding themselves if they think that all music is somehow "equal" or that EVERY aspect of music is subjective.

Edited by Giuseppe

People are kidding themselves if they think that all music is somehow "equal" or that EVERY aspect of music is subjective.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that reminds me of something my sister did MANY years ago when the family (well when it was one.. but anyway...) went out for chinese food.... and my sister DID NOT want to be there.. she's pissing and moaning away "This food sucks... I don't wanna be here.. I want pizza" :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah: ... anyway... little does she know the waiter was behind her.... she sees him and he cooly looks at her and says "One man's meat is another man's poison" it was SO brilliant!!!! Your story made me think of that !