Trade

'7'

You guys have no idea how scary-looking Yushkevich is (unless you've heard me say it before). He and Miro Satan should change names cause he looks like a DEMON!!!

My friend saw him play last week. Said the guy took a puck in the nose off a serious slapshot and came right back out a little while later -- looking worse than usual.

That's toughness.

But this is a salary dump.

Yushkevich is as tough as they come.

The guy wanted to play last year while recovering from a blood clot in his leg. Quinn wouldn't let him.

Maybe the blood clot affected his skating ability? It now makes sense why Quinn wouldn't have put him in, and why the Panthers gave up on him so early.

Like I said, the Panthers acquired him to get something for nothing -- which they would have done had Svehla just retired.

That gave them a bargaining chip to get what they wanted at a later date. Yushkevich is a former all-star who is in the upper half of the league's defenseman and could net something like a center like Bednar who could be something in the future.