More NHL ready

MissionHockey

Who would suit up for the big team?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who would suit up for the big team?

• Zach Parise
    • Aleksander Suglobov

Both of them probably won't make the team at once. Especially with the surplus of forwards we have. These two are head and shoulders above any other prospect we have in the AHL right now, so IMO its a two horse race.

I believe Parise will make the team, despite Suglobov being older and more experienced. He isn't as sure in the defensive zone as Zach is, but the faster Suglobov develops the better. The Devils are extremely weak at wing, and overly strong at center.

Sugie did get benched earlier. Like Has said, Suglobov is very erratic. Some nights he seems to draw the spotlight, other nights he's invisible. Suglobov doesn't know how to use his teammates. He'll carry the puck into the zone, and try to weave his way through the D. That's great when it works, but more often, it doesn't work, and the other team recovers the puck and play moves to the other end. His points come in spurts, much like his affectiveness on the team. He's also a defensive liability. He's been here two years or so, and I rarely have seen him make a good defensive play. Most times he gets burned.

Parise is much better in his spot than Suglobov is. He's unafraid to take the shot himself, but if he sees it's not the best choice, he'll create a play and get the puck to someone who's in a better position to score. More importantly, he's consistantly good at doing this. He also seemed to pick up the defensive aspect quicker, and he's one of our penalty killers now.

My vote goes to Parise.