Football

devildoggie

booooo...hate the Eagles. hate every Philly team!

All are choke artists.

"hate" is a bit strong LOLOL. I live near Trenton so I follow the Phillies, Eagles, Trenton Thunder, Trenton Titans and of course the Devils. I dont have much time for the Flyers or Sixers though. I Hate all NY Teams with a passion except the Yankees. How can anyone hate the Yankees? ;)

Anyway, the Eagles clinched today. 4 games without McNabb=4 wins. So much for the one man show theory.

How you doin tonight

I am a hardcore Giants fan. So saying that I hate the Eagles is not enough. I PHUCKING HATE THE EAGLES. I hate all philly teams Eagles, Phillies, Wings, Flyers, all of them! And of course i hate the yankees too, baseball is horrible sport.

You only hate the Eagles cuz they're in first place bwaaaaaaaaaahahahah ;) Hate is strong man. I don't like the Giants, but I don't hate them either. In fact, if the Giants are playing the Cowboys, I probably root for the Giants. (of course, if the Eagles were looking up at the Giants, I would prolly use the word HATE too).

All in all, I lean towards the Philly teams solely because of geographical location. I don't consider myself as some who lives in the Philadelphia media market though, I just like the NY sports teams less. Maybe someday NJ will get a major leage baseball team. Now that would be cool

Giants, Jets, Mets, Knick, Rangers, Isles, Flyers and Sixers = :puke:

You ask any true Giant fan what team(s) they hate the most they will say Washington, Philly, and Dallas. I would be pretty happy if the Giants only had 6 wins against those three teams. Any of those teams i mentioned could have a record like the bengals and I will still hate them as much as if they were undefeated. Would you not like the Flyers anymore or any less depending on how good they are. Trust me I maybe young but I remember watching the Giants winning th Super Bowl in '91 then I went through the dark years (post parcells era). Ray Handly then Dan Reeves now to Jim Fassel. And through all that when the Giants really sucked i still hated Wash Philly and Dal with a passion.

*and baseball is not cool :puke:

No, I definitely HATE them. Like i HATE the Flyers, Leafs, Rags. Wish the Eagles didn't really exist. Just hate all Philly teams. Their attitudes, teams, and fans just aren't too great. Fans aren't the sharpest knives in the draw, their attitudes are down right awful, and their teams just choke and choke.

NJay:

All are choke artists

With all due respect you don't know what a choke is until you've seen Jet Football in December - in any given year. :puke:

All you Giant fans, you still want to get rid of Fassel? I'd gladly take him on my team :lol: How ironic two weeks ago the Jets were streaking and the Giants came off losses to Houston and Tennessee that were the absolute end of the world; now the Giants actually have a decent shot to get to the playoffs and the Jets have yet another offseason of what-ifs and might have beens.

No, I definitely HATE them. Like i HATE the Flyers, Leafs, Rags. Wish the Eagles didn't really exist. Just hate all Philly teams. Their attitudes, teams, and fans just aren't too great. Fans aren't the sharpest knives in the draw, their attitudes are down right awful, and their teams just choke and choke.

As far as thinking Philadelphia sports fans are obnoxious, trust me, they think the exact same thing about NY sports fans. Living where I live, I am in the weird position of sort of being a part of both groups and let me tell you, the folks in the bleachers and upper deck at Yankee stadium as well as the Blue Seats at MSG are not at all different than Eagles and Flyers fans. I'm 35 and have been to numerous events in all of the arenas I just mentioned and I can assure you that the only normal fans in the whole friggin area are Devils fans.

:evil:

And what's wrong with their attitudes? Are you telling me NY sports fans aren't the same way? Puhhlease. you obviously haven't been to many New York venues cause they truly are the same. The NY teams win a little more, thats the only difference

Philly fans are stupid. They booed Santa Claus, I mean cmon how low can they be. Or how bout that guy going after Domi? I don't recall NY fans doing anything stupid like that. They chanted "REFUND" at the Rags game earlier this year, that was smart.

:rolleyes: Do you even know the Santa story? The santa story is trotted out on just about every Eagles broadcast because it makes a good story and everyone gets a chuckle out of it. It happened over 30 years ago and over the years the story has been so twisted that it is now more myth than fact! The guy that was booed was some drunken idiot dressed up as santa claus! He would have been booed anywhere at any sporting event in the USA including NY. He was drunk, he was falling all over himself and his costume was all dirty. He was not some officially sanctioned Santa that rode into Franklin Field (thats right, it didn't even happen at the Vet) on a firetruck or sleigh to a chorus of boos. He was NOT booed for being Santa Claus. He was booed for being a BAD santa claus.

I can't believe you're going to base your opinion of all Philadelphias sports fans on the actions of some loser Flyer fan who decided he wanted to fight Tie Domi?? Come on now, be serious ok. You simply cannot stereotype an entire group of people and label them like that. Sure, there are some pretty bad Flyer fans (we've all seen them AT CAA) but like I said, I've seen some crazy sh!t at Yankee Stadium and MSG too. I also seem to remember a snowball incident at Giants Stadium a few years back.

The fact of the matter is that every city has it's share of loser sports fans. Except us Devils fans of course :D:evil::evil:

i love football!!!

i dont really have much time since hockey consumes my life like a goatee consumes a face, and with school and my social life its kinda complicated, but i always watch a game or two. my team is the panthers, i've kind been following them since i was young, since i lived in N.C, but football has taken a second-place to hockey now

i really do not like the vokings, i cant stand them, something about them makes me crings, nor do i like dolphins, SQUISH THE FISH!! i like the redskins (mostly for there fans) hogettes are cool lol and i like the bills, living so close to them as that affect on you...

Sorry devildoggie but Philly fans are awful.

Anyone who cheers when a wide receiver (Michael Irvin) is motionless and could have been paralyzed is as low as it gets.

Anyone who curses and starts tossing objects at the Baltimore Ravens team bus because a meaningless exhibition game was canceled due to bad turf needs to be evaluated.

The incident with Domi is another classic case of Philly distaste. They got what they deserved.

Anyone who starts a riot because of a concert cancellation which included full refunds is detrimental to society. Yeah, tossing chairs and shouting obscenities is really a mature way of dealing with things.

I'm sure others can think of examples of why Philly fans are flat out scary.

On the subject of football, the Eagles have a good chance to get to the Super Bowl.

Too bad the Giants got their act together a little late.

Devil-I heard a whole other story about the Santa thing, if thats true what you say sorry bout that. But i'll take the heat on the snowball insident. But also remeber the Giants sucked horribly and the fans didn't just throw snowballs at the opposing team and fans they threw em at the Giants players too. But I believe that NY area is alot tougher to play in than Philly. Not just the fans but the media also puts alot of pressure on the athleates. Two prime recent examples Ron Dayne (Giants) and Mike Piazza (Mets)

NJay:

All are choke artists

With all due respect you don't know what a choke is until you've seen Jet Football in December - in any given year. :puke:

All you Giant fans, you still want to get rid of Fassel? I'd gladly take him on my team :lol: How ironic two weeks ago the Jets were streaking and the Giants came off losses to Houston and Tennessee that were the absolute end of the world; now the Giants actually have a decent shot to get to the playoffs and the Jets have yet another offseason of what-ifs and might have beens.

The Jets are a very confusing team. For like the lastb 6 or 6 years, they always seem to go into the season with such promise and then BAM!! How long do you think Herman will be around?

Anyone who starts a riot because of a concert cancellation which included full refunds is detrimental to society. Yeah, tossing chairs and shouting obscenities is really a mature way of dealing with things.

Rock Concerts and sporting events are apples and oranges. I've never been to a hockey game where 20000 young people are smoking dope, drinking beer, doing X, doing whipits and whatever else is done at rock concerts. You are entitled to your opinion, but the same sh!t happened in Montreal, a few years back at a GNR show and it just happened in Vancouver (on this TOUR because Axl couldn't get to Vancouver from LA). You just can't pick and choose incidents and then attribute them to the enitre fan base of a city! ANY City for that matter. I'm just not buying it. That's like saying all Mets fans are losers because of the fiasco when Rocker came to town after he shot his mouth off. Swat Teams and Cops were crawling all over the place that night and some things were actually thrown at the Braves bullpen. In my opinion, that does not mean all Met fans are violent lunatics.

Montreal Canadiens fans nearly burned down the city when they won their last Cup in 93. The same thing happened a few years ago when the Lakers won the title. I was at a Red Sox/Yankees game just last year with a client and I saw more people get thrown out of Yankee Stadium then I ever saw tossed at a Phillies/Mets game at the Vet. Cleveland Browns fans lobbed beer bottles on the field last year. One week later, the same thing happened in New Orleans. My point is this. While it may be in vogue to bash Philadelphia sports fans, the fact is all of these incidents are directly linked to problems in our society as a whole, not a to a group of people from a particular geographical area. Thuggery and violence have no place at sporting events period. Unfortunately, society as a whole is more violent today. Evey week, we hear another story from somewhere. It's sad.

I'm sure others can think of examples of why Philly fans are flat out scary.

J.D. Drew incident on battery day at Vets. Yikes.

ESPN had a poll following the Domi incident about what was the worst moment in Philadelphia sports fans' history. Don't recall the winner, but I personally voted for the Michael Irvin incident.

But like devildoggie said, all sports teams and areas have their "bad" fans. The ones that cross the line -- see Celtics v. Nets last year.

But like devildoggie said, all sports teams and areas have their "bad" fans. The ones that cross the line -- see Celtics v. Nets last year.

The JD Drew thing is a perfect example of another story overblow by ESPN and the sports media in general. One person was arrested for throwing batteries at that game and only a handful were actually reported to have thrown anything at all! ONE fan!! For all we know, that guy could have been my neighbor and I live in NJ!!! The way ESPN reported that story, you would have thought 1000's of people were heaving D batteries onto the field. If it were any other city besides Philadelphia, it would not have even made the news. But since it's Philadelphia and the media needs to bash, it became the lead story. I can guarantee you they probably mentioned the Santa Claus story also. Its just so stupid. It really is. I am not a heathen and I attend about 5 Phillies games a year.

The Media and fans from other parts of the country bash NY too. Go to any message board for a sports team outside of our area and ask them what they think of New York sports fans!! LOL. You all know what kind of answers you would get. One only need to logon to Yankees.com and check out the forums to see what I am talking about. Oh well, enough of my rant..

Anhybody plan on watching the football game tonight?

Can't compare a rock concert riot to sports fans.. if that happened anywhere, there would have been a riot..

Philadelphia and New York are almost equally abusive, the reason why Philadelphia gets crucified is because their teams have sucked for the last 20 years, so they take pride in their own ridiculous booing, drunken, and violent tradition.

Can't compare a rock concert riot to sports fans.. if that happened anywhere, there would have been a riot..

Philadelphia and New York are almost equally abusive, the reason why Philadelphia gets crucified is because their teams have sucked for the last 20 years, so they take pride in their own ridiculous booing, drunken, and violent tradition.

LOLOL. Take the word "almost" out of the comparison and you are absolutely 100% correct. :D

take care